Grady White 282 Sailfish - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 12-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #11
jamesw
Registered Users-pm+

jamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Pirate
The World Cat in 266 or 270 size is a great bluewater boat - I fished mine out to the Hilltops and back home with 60 gallons to spare. I know Angel fishes his 25' sea-cat all the way out to the floaters often.

I agree with the other comments - a cuddy in TX is really only good for sleeping in while tied up at the dock (if it has A/C). Otherwise it's just a big dry-storage area most of the time, or a great place for ladies to use the toilet.

HTH
James
jamesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #12
acoastalbender
Registered Users-pm+

acoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirateacoastalbender has been promoted to Pirate
Check out a Cobia 312 ... great family boat, good fishing boat ... a little more open than a traditional W/A ... It's a unique layout and was originally a Century hull until Yamaha let the brand die ... kind of a cross between a CC and a W/A ...

acoastalbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2018, 01:09 AM   #13
Ramen
Registered Users-pm+

Ramen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
Sorry so late to respond to this, I haven't been checking in as much as I should, but I'd like to offer a different perspective than the comments above.

I bought a Grady White Sailfish in early 2009 as a family boat with hopes the family also would enjoy some serious offshore fishing. Well, we are still enjoying it almost ten years later even though the kids are grown and our youngest just left for college. It has been an excellent family boat and blue water boat for us out of Surfside. I keep a log of all our trips. We generally make around 8-10 fishing trips per year with a third of them being overnighters at the floaters or swordfish grounds.

PM me if you would like to come down to Surfside sometime and check it out.

Here’s a few pics of the kids enjoying the boat.
Attached Images

Ramen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2018, 01:17 AM   #14
Ramen
Registered Users-pm+

Ramen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of BosunRamen has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
This boat has been such a blast for us! My wife loves it too and goes on almost every trip. My daughter used to go on the snapper trips, but she doesn't like fishing enough for overnighters.

Here's a few more pics.
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2018, 01:32 AM   #15
Ramen
Registered Users-pm+

Our family never thought our boat was too hot. I have run the A/C offshore with a Honda EU2000i, but honestly we almost never bring it because the cabin is tolerable with the windows and hatch partially open or with battery powered fans. I think it is much nicer with the A/C but the family always says don’t bother.

The Sailfish has an aft bunk that we generally use for storage which leaves the main cabin fairly open.
It is also nice to go down to the marina for a maintenance trip and stay overnight on the boat.

One other nice feature - the kids enjoyed riding on the bow if it wasn't too rough.

Last pic is of us trolling at a drillship near Nancen. Sorry to get carried away with the photos but lot's of good memories on this boat!

I've fished many center consoles and my bay boat is a cat, so nothing against any other ride. They all have pluses and minuses, but I honestly wouldn't trade my Grady for anything else of the same length. It was a perfect fit for us. I love that boat.

Thanks!
Barry
Attached Images

Old 12-31-2018, 11:10 AM   #16
jamesw
Registered Users-pm+

jamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Piratejamesw has been promoted to Pirate
Great pictures Barry!

Happy new year.

James
jamesw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2018, 02:18 PM   #17
JKD
Registered Users-pm+

JKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to PirateJKD has been promoted to Pirate
While the Sailfish isn't a go fast center console boat it does offer the benefit of being a drier more comfortable ride. Huge cockpit for a boat in it's class that is very capable of fishing out deep. Have spent many trips on the Sailfish with the longest trip out to Hoover and many nights spent at floaters. I agree with above that it would make a great family fishing boat but stepping up to the Marlin would add the big benefit of a genset option.

The Sailfish will be up for sale soon, owner is on the board. PM for contact. Repowered begining of 2018 with 250 Yamahas, new eisenglass and new trailer.
JKD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 12:38 AM   #18
Seawolf5481
Registered Users-pm+

Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Thanks for all the info. I was concerned with the cabin being too hot as well but I have found a few boats with a genset to power the ac. I still have a ways to go be fore I’m ready to buy.
Seawolf5481 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2019, 11:39 AM   #19
Seawolf5481
Registered Users-pm+

Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Seawolf5481 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Trailer-ability is another concern. I have a place on matagorda bay that I would like to keep the boat. This would require a 30 min road trip to get to a ramp that will accommodate a boat in this size range. The Marin 30 has a 10' beam, anybody had any issues pulling a boat that wide?
Seawolf5481 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2019, 12:38 PM   #20
ccrocker1313

ccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirateccrocker1313 has been promoted to Pirate
I maybe taking a 2007 in on Trade later this mth. 281-787-3783