Cabo 12-4 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Old 12-05-2018, 05:52 AM   #1
Kenner21
Registered Users-pm+

Kenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to Pirate
Cabo 12-4

After reading about the insane striped marlin bite on the finger bank I decided to make a quick 5 day trip to Cabo and see if I could try my luck. I booked a long day with Pisces on the Tracy Ann and hoped the weather was going to pan out it. Well as my luck would have it the wind was puffing 15-20 knots out of the North. I’ve maybe fished 1 or 2 other days with bigger seas in my life. Not the big steep waves we get around here but massive rolling walls of water with half of a foot of chop on top.

I chartered a 31 Bertram and wouldn’t have wanted to be out there in anything less. There was a single engine 20 foot Panga out there fishing alongside us that would completely disappear between sets of waves. Thanks but no thanks. Despite the crappy weather and the captain only making a short 10-15 mile run I had a pretty decent day ending with 4 Striped Marlin and 2 Dorado. 3 of the Marlin came on live pitched baits and 1 on a trolled lure. Backing down on a fish in those conditions was interesting to say the least and I was soaked head to toe by 8 am.

I didn’t fish Monday because I assumed (incorrectly) it’d still be rough. I talked to a local guy who fished a private boat Monday and they’re finished up with 43 Striped Marlin at the finger bank. If you’ve ever wanted to experience a wide open striped Marlin now is the time to go Cabo and find a charter that’ll make the run.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kenner21; 12-05-2018 at 06:05 AM.
Kenner21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #2
Kenner21
Registered Users-pm+

Kenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to PirateKenner21 has been promoted to Pirate
Not that it matters but I actually fished 12-2 got back 12-4
Old 12-05-2018, 07:08 AM   #3
chuck richey
Team Purple Haze

chuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Piratechuck richey has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the report. Can never get enough of Cabo. I want to plan a December trip next year.
chuck richey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
rcw
Registered Users-pm+

rcw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Piratercw has been promoted to Pirate
One of these days my wife and I are going to go during peak season.....we always seem to go in the summer months when the kids are out of school and the grandparents can watch them.
rcw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 01:19 PM   #5
taylork555
Registered Users-pm+

taylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Pirate
We fished 12/2 as well and were some of the crazy people in a panga. Fishing with Jaime on the Jessica we landed 6 sierra, 1 dorado, and 2 striped marlin. Had 3-4 other shots at other marlin but could not get them to chew.

I agree on the weather, some of the roughest seas we have fished. Turned out to be the roughest day during our trip down there but who knows, maybe it helped!?
taylork555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 04:13 PM   #6
Kenner21
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylork555 View Post
We fished 12/2 as well and were some of the crazy people in a panga. Fishing with Jaime on the Jessica we landed 6 sierra, 1 dorado, and 2 striped marlin. Had 3-4 other shots at other marlin but could not get them to chew.

I agree on the weather, some of the roughest seas we have fished. Turned out to be the roughest day during our trip down there but who knows, maybe it helped!?
I knew Jamie had a trip that day. I can't believe yall still went, as soon as we rounded the corner I said to myself "this could potentially suck". Sounds like yall still manged a good day of fishing. He went on a private boat the next day and they got 43 up at the bank. Pisces had a boat release 60 in one day on the finger bank the week before. We actually saw quite a few Striped Marlin but could only the 3 to eat live baits. But I'm not going to complain about 4 striped Marlin. I wish I could get back over there before this bite changes up. I forgot how much I enjoy Cabo. It really is an impressive fishery especially considering the pressure it get.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #7
taylork555
Registered Users-pm+

taylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Piratetaylork555 has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah it was adventurous to say the least.

Not sure how many people have fought striped marlin running opposite directions while sitting back to back in a panga in seas like that - really an incredible memory! My fiancee never complained once and out-fished me per usual.

Jaime said the bite would be nuts up north since it was so good down near us. Once again, for all those reading, I really cannot say enough good things about the operation that Jaime runs. We have caught everything from Roosters to Marlin and dang near everything in between!!! Always my first choice of a captain if he is available.
taylork555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message