Don't use these split snap quick change thingys - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #21
BretE
It ain't easy bein me.........

BretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to PirateBretE has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 220cst View Post
Just kidding some people just wound up to tight.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Lol....this is a speed clip discussion. Not one single post was “wound up too tight”.....and then you come along. You’re not even a good troll Capt.....
BretE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #22
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CFTOB..._it&th=1&psc=1
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #23
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drundel View Post
Used these for a while. If you're going to use a clip, I do think these are the best. Never had a failure, but decided they were a waste of time and threw the rest of them away.
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #24
Gilbert
Registered Users-pm+

Gilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfirstcast View Post
Funny coincidence but I tried those in a smaller size - 25lb version this past weekend, and after changing lures a few times I could see they were getting bent out of shape! So, the whole package was dumped into the bay never to be seen again nor allow a failure for me using those clips. Not for me.

Because you couldn't wait to toss them in a trash can?
Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 05:38 PM   #25
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
If I'm fishing in a tournament, I won't use clips. Reds especially seem to put enough spin and stress on them that they can get the lure off of almost any kind of speed clip - I've used maybe 4 different brands/types. I also threw off a Corky from one type of clip, but that is because the wire they use for the eye of a Corky has a smaller diameter than what most lure manufacturers use.

But if I'm searching for fish and swapping lures a lot, I'll use a Tony Clip. That's the only one I'll use.
ReedA1691 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #26
randeg
Registered Users-pm+

randeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Piraterandeg has been promoted to Pirate
Clips

20 years ago wading on the back side of Pelican Island, lost what I believe to be the largest trout of my life, will never know for sure. Had a Berkeley snap swivel straightened out while I was trying to get to my net. After that, never anything but a knot. There is always a price for convenience.
randeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 10:11 PM   #27
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
I don't use any type of clip and do not recommend anyone to use them...seen too many failures over years...lures lost and fish getting loose. However, if I was inclined to try a clip, I would lean toward Drundel's paperclip before any of the twist-on styles.

Loop knots won't quit you in a tight situation!
EJ@TSFMag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 10:29 PM   #28
justletmein
Just call me JJ

justletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Piratejustletmein has been promoted to Pirate
Never seen a failure, wife uses them quite a bit particularly the Norton clips though I've got her mostly switched out to Breakaway Lure Links which seem much better to me. I just prefer a quick loop knot, takes a few seconds to tie so not really any reason not to use it.
justletmein is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2018, 11:32 PM   #29
TXBohunk
Registered Users-pm+

TXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to PirateTXBohunk has been promoted to Pirate
I mainly tried out the quick clips, due to not wanting to carry special clippers, to cut braid. Growing up, when I wanted to swap lures, I would just bite the mono with my teeth and pop it off. Can't do that with braid, LOL.
TXBohunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2018, 12:06 AM   #30
Brian Castille
Texas Aggie Fisherman

Brian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to PirateBrian Castille has been promoted to Pirate
Bummer that those didn't work. I have used Norton quick twists for years - you should try them out. When I first tried them, I had one that was too small and a bass open it up on a spinnerbait and swim off with it. Once I upped the size, no issues. Have caught many trout and some big reds and drum mixed in too. If you subscribe to Texas Saltwater Fishing magazine, in the January 2018 issue you can see a 45" red that held up to a quick twist
Brian Castille is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message