Snapper Slapper Advice. - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 12-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #1
Tripletime
We're gonna need a bigger boat!!!

Tripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to Pirate
snapper Snapper Slapper Advice.

Upgraded from an 18' boat to a Majek M2 a few months back and recently started fishing the rigs out of SPI for snapper when the weather permits. Wanted to purchase some Snapper Slapper lures but wanted advice on size/weight. I'm mostly fishing water 70'-120' in depth. Favorite colors would be nice also.

Any advice would be appreciated. Tight lines.
Tripletime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
Texans1
Registered Users-pm+

Texans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterTexans1 has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
I've had success with just about every color they have but I only use the 5 and 3 ounce and have had success with hooking cut bait on it and without it.
Texans1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2018, 02:29 PM   #3
littlebryan
Registered Users-pm+

littlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletime View Post
Upgraded from an 18' boat to a Majek M2 a few months back and recently started fishing the rigs out of SPI for snapper when the weather permits. Wanted to purchase some Snapper Slapper lures but wanted advice on size/weight. I'm mostly fishing water 70'-120' in depth. Favorite colors would be nice also.

Any advice would be appreciated. Tight lines.
My personal preference is the 7oz blue and green or red and white , I noticed this past season we started having the thread that holds the skirt o was coming unraveled and eventually the skirt would start coming apart , oh , another thing , we always remove the smaller hook and just put them aside for backup purposes , I think having two hooks on ther increases your chances of getting one buried in your hand while trying to get a fish off that isn't wanting to be in the boat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
littlebryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2018, 02:37 PM   #4
sea sick
Make blood !!!

sea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Pirate
I like the 5 and 7 oz. Any color.
I do trim the skirts by 2 or 3 inches thow.
And I like to use a strip of cut bait or squid.
I also have some smaller 1oz that are rigged like a speck rig. Great for catching bait or any kind of fish on a weedline/structure.
sea sick is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
Striker Tackle
www.strikertackle.com

Striker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to PirateStriker Tackle has been promoted to Pirate
I have not used them in a while, but they do work. We have had success bouncing them on the bottom. Trim the skirt
Old 12-01-2018, 10:21 PM   #6
sammytx
Registered Users-pm+

sammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Piratesammytx has been promoted to Pirate
When it's federal snapper season and I don't want to catch lots of smaller fish I almost always use snapper slappers. I only use the big ones, and usually put a large cut bait, whole squid, or whole dead fish like a pinfish, barjack, or sand trout. Color doesn't seem to make a huge difference to me, I like blue/white, pink/yellow, and purple. I firmly believe I catch better quality fish this way vs. anything else I have tried. Big baits = big fish.

If I am fishing closer in for state water snapper I usually just fish double drop rigs or carolina rigs with smaller bait, knowing I am going to catch more fish but smaller and need to release a bunch.

-Sammy
Attached Images

sammytx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2018, 05:19 AM   #7
Tripletime
We're gonna need a bigger boat!!!

Tripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to PirateTripletime has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the replies. Think I'm just going to have to buy a bunch of colors then. I'll tell my wife it's the fault of the 2Cool braintrust
Tripletime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2018, 08:11 AM   #8
owens33
dontremember

owens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirateowens33 has been promoted to Pirate
I can tell you that below 80' or so, there's not much visible color. kinda like a black and white tv. not sure if that helps, I use bait.
owens33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2018, 01:42 PM   #9
MLBB
Registered Users-pm+

MLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMasterMLBB has been promoted to the rank of QuarterMaster
Big ones, 5 and 6 ounce, tip with hole sardines and drop

Most productive colors for me have been white, white n red, and the lime green.

Glow in the dark ones for night fishing even catch Blackfin tuna!!
Attached Images

MLBB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2018, 04:10 PM   #10
littlebryan
Registered Users-pm+

littlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Piratelittlebryan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBB View Post
Big ones, 5 and 6 ounce, tip with hole sardines and drop

Most productive colors for me have been white, white n red, and the lime green.

Glow in the dark ones for night fishing even catch Blackfin tuna!!
My son likes the 7oz green and blue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk
littlebryan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message