Simms waders - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2018, 07:48 AM   #21
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
This is from the Simms' website.
Attached Images

irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2018, 11:06 AM   #22
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by irbjd View Post
This is from the Simms' website.
I gave them my inseam, 32, but the formula didn't work this time. i actually called in and spoke with a young lady who took the order for my measurements, chest, inseam and foot. i need a 33/34 inseam I'm assuming. either way these feel way too short, and i'm out until i can talk with them Wednesday. otherwise they fit fine and are nice. like a kid in a candy store, impatient. i guess life isn't all that bad if this is my biggest concern: texasflag

Last edited by c hook; 12-24-2018 at 11:15 AM.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 06:15 PM   #23
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
I gave them my inseam, 32, but the formula didn't work this time. i actually called in and spoke with a young lady who took the order for my measurements, chest, inseam and foot. i need a 33/34 inseam I'm assuming. either way these feel way too short, and i'm out until i can talk with them Wednesday. otherwise they fit fine and are nice. like a kid in a candy store, impatient. i guess life isn't all that bad if this is my biggest concern: texasflag
I have 30” inseam. I own a set of G3’s in MS size. They fit just fine when I’m up and walking around wading. They seem a wee bit short when I sit down as I get a little binding pressure at the knee. I recently bought a set of G4Z’s in MS size and they don’t give me the knee binding problem when I sit. The M size in G4Z’s was just a little too big for me.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #24
bss1
Registered Users-pm+

bss1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure MS stands for medium short not medium small.
bss1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2018, 08:53 PM   #25
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon right

Quote:
Originally Posted by bss1 View Post
I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure MS stands for medium short not medium small.
that makes more since.

so I ordered and paid for a second pair of G4Zs, in an attempt to expedite the process. yesterday they shipped a medium, which is the exact chest and foot size as the ms, but has a 33/34 inseam. I was told they'd be here by the weekend, this was important. The tracking number is now showing a Wednesday the 2nd delivery. I called the Simms warranty department and Tiffany answered, the same lady that took the order. Most of the staff is off and they are short handed, she is having to carry the load. She checked the shipping, and said she sees the same thing I am. she then said they may update and change the shipping/tracking info later in the day, but it doesn't look like they have as of yet. She did her job but UPS is overloaded this time of year, it's impossibly for them to keep up. so now it's a waiting game, patched another leak in the old simms around the boot, may be forced to use them once or twice more. oh and I shipped the mss in for a refund, they said they would credit my card when they arrive.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:18 PM   #26
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bss1 View Post

Yes. MS = Medium Short.

The MS size has a shorter inseam than a M (Medium).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #27
Muddy Water Bohemian
Registered Users-pm+

Location: Matagorda, Galveston West End, Port Mansfield, Brazos River, Colorado River
Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Muddy Water Bohemian has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Anyone try the Freestone Zs? A lot cheaper than the G$Zs? Is the extra $400/500 worth it?

Last edited by Muddy Water Bohemian; 01-10-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Muddy Water Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2019, 06:55 PM   #28
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

tarpon saga continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Water Bohemian View Post
Anyone try the Freestone Zs? A lot cheaper than the G$Zs? Is the extra $400/500 worth it?
the freestones are not made in Montana at the Simms home office/factory, but in china. Mine leaked out of the box.

got my 33/34 inseam G4z's, drove down to a local wade area (seabrook/kemah) and made a quick wade. they had a leak out of the box. i bought some sealer, did the simms alcohol trick to locate the leak. it stuck out like a sore thumb. patched it, and since I've made two sun up til dark wades and no leaks. but they are going back for a new pair as soon as i find a bad weather window. i don't get it, but it is what it is.

to answer the freestone question, i'd go that route. the g3's r 4's aren't necessary. the freestones work just as well, as long as they don't leak. i was told they won't be available til June, is that not the case. the only reason i've got g4z's is because of that.