Simms waders - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #11
largeutfan
Registered Users-pm+

largeutfan is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Always have had good experiences with the Simms Company. When my G3's have worn out, they have either refurbished or replaced for one time after a leak.
largeutfan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #12
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon from freestone to g4z

so i wanted a pair of zipper waders, i purchased the freestones for $399.00. they leaked out of the box so i sent them in for repair, they were not repairable. this was early in the year and the new redesigned freestones were supposed to be ready now. they moved the release date to june next year, so they offered me to the only other zipper waders they have, g4z and split the difference. $600.00 for a new pair of g4z's. now they are making them, should be here Dec 21. Just in time, looking forward to them.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #13
Muddy_Bottom
Registered Users-pm+

Muddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
Pulled the trigger on some, waded in them three times and love them so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Muddy_Bottom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #14
Permit Rat
Windknot Light Tackle & Fly

Permit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to Pirate
A late post here and I do not have experience with the model of waders you are using, but I just wanted to say that Simms is a stand-up company and their customer service is excellent. I am about to ask them to convert my custom neoprene stocking foot waders (for use in Alaska), to boot foot waders, in case I can use them in Texas in the wintertime.
Permit Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2018, 08:36 AM   #15
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Nooooo!
Boot foot waders are awful.
The stocking foot is the way to go. Walking in mud the wade boots stay on your foot much better. And walking in shell (which is where you should be to catch fish) tears up boots fast. Your waders only last as long as your boots do. So you get the best of both worlds.

Do yourself a huge favor and keep them stocking foot with wade booties.

Wading in boot foot waders is miserable.
sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2018, 08:41 AM   #16
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
sheepshead ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by c hook View Post
so i wanted a pair of zipper waders, i purchased the freestones for $399.00. they leaked out of the box so i sent them in for repair, they were not repairable. this was early in the year and the new redesigned freestones were supposed to be ready now. they moved the release date to june next year, so they offered me to the only other zipper waders they have, g4z and split the difference. $600.00 for a new pair of g4z's. now they are making them, should be here Dec 21. Just in time, looking forward to them.
they are shipping on the 21th, and should be here on the 22nd. what are the chances UPS will deliver the 22nd??
Old 12-22-2018, 07:22 AM   #17
Permit Rat
Windknot Light Tackle & Fly

Permit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to PiratePermit Rat has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Nooooo!
Boot foot waders are awful.
The stocking foot is the way to go. Walking in mud the wade boots stay on your foot much better. And walking in shell (which is where you should be to catch fish) tears up boots fast. Your waders only last as long as your boots do. So you get the best of both worlds.

Do yourself a huge favor and keep them stocking foot with wade booties.

Wading in boot foot waders is miserable.

Sorry, I forgot to say that I would only be using these waders in fresh water for trout. I don't use waders in the LLM. If it's too cold to wet-wade, then I stay in my skiff.
Permit Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2018, 07:26 AM   #18
Muddy_Bottom
Registered Users-pm+

Muddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of BosunMuddy_Bottom has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I would still stay away from the boot foots no matter where you fish (just my opinion). Go with a set of g3, g4, or g4z stockingfoots and get a pair of Simms boots. You won’t regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Muddy_Bottom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2018, 09:44 AM   #19
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

tarpon not a happy camper

so my G4z's arrived yesterday. they are absolutely awesome as i have never owned such a high end piece of equipment. only one problem, at the end of each step, my foot jerks the back of the waders as if they are too short. the ms is a medium small designed for a 31/32 inseam. my inseam is 32 and i think they are two short. need a 33/34 inseam, sucks i need them now. so i'll have to wait for them to open. i bought a pair of new simms in march of this year and still do not have a pair of waders???
Old 12-22-2018, 07:24 PM   #20
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
I think, but could be wrong, that they are made for people with that inseam. Not necessarily that the inseam is 31/32.
irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message