Simms waders - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
1born2fish
Registered Users-pm+

1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Simms waders

Need some reviews on SIMMS G4z waders. Thinking of taking the plunge, and buying these expensive waders, but before I do, I would like to see what you guys (who own one) think about them. How warm are they on very cold water? and how well do they hold up to salt water?
1born2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #2
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

EJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to PirateEJ@TSFMag has been promoted to Pirate
My first G4Z wader lasted through nine years of pretty serious fishing and waterfowl hunting abuse. Sent them back during the off-season because the zipper began seeping water just slightly toward the end of spring season. Got report that they were not repairable under warranty (partially due to age and also due to generally heavy wear all the way around) but Simms extended a 40% discount opportunity on a new pair. So - I'm warm and dry in my second G4Z wader.
EJ@TSFMag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 01:44 PM   #3
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
I have the G3's and I'm super happy. So I can't imagine how much better the G4Zs are from a wader aspect.

All breathable waders have no insulation and that allows you to control how many layers you have to insulate out the cold. Water below 50 use fleece and wool thermals and maybe even 1 more layer just for bulk. Water in the upper 60's I'll probably just have jeans on.. Yes, yes there are those that say cotton is horrible insulator... but when the water is that near 70 degrees, it just doesn't matter. Water temps in the low 70's in the spring and fall I might have shorts on. What I'm saying it there is tremendous ability to vary what you use underneath and you control how 'warm' you are with layers and what type of layers.
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2018, 05:32 PM   #4
Flounder Face
southern paralichthys lethostigma

Flounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to PirateFlounder Face has been promoted to Pirate
Good post. I was also going cheap, after a few trips the thigh would be damp, then next year it was much worse. By year three you would be soaked after five minutes. Went through this three times and one day I met a guy fishing and he was wearing Simms. Said there is no price for comfort, and when I told him I was ok with a quart of water if it meant 400 bucks in my bank account he mentioned he will not have to change into dry clothes when he gets done fishing that day like I would have to.

So I got the G3 for 499.99 and have been dry and happy for a few years. Worth every penny.
Flounder Face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 07:07 PM   #5
spotsndots
88 Ag

spotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Piratespotsndots has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome set of waders...I had both rotator cuff surgeries done 1 year ago...having the zipper makes it much easier to get on and off and "disposing of the beer" is much easier as well!!
spotsndots is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 09:43 PM   #6
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
I'm on year 4 with my G3's. I recently bought the G4Z's because I'm getting old and I very much like my coffee in the morning. To me, the G4Z's feel like the G3's once they're on. Take the plunge. You'll be very happy that you did.

As troutsupport mentioned, you need to layer up underneath. I like Under Armour Cold Gear 2.0 or 3.0 as my base layer with additional clothing layers as needed.
habanerojooz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2018, 05:04 PM   #7
whaler76
Registered Users-pm+

whaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Piratewhaler76 has been promoted to Pirate
I don't have the Z's, but I am going on 7 or 8 years with my G4's. Knock on wood, I haven't had anything wrong with them. I just rinse with fresh water after each use and hang to dry. Have duck hunted and fish in them very regularly from fall-spring. Some of my buddies won't listen and keep buying pair after pair of cheapos. They have paid just as much as I did for my G4's and have had a fraction of the quality/comfort. I wear a thin baselayer on warmer days and then add some fleece sweatpants on colder days and I have never been cold. The key in the cold is to make sure you have the right size wade boots that don't cut off circulation to your feet. Hope this helps.
whaler76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #8
cc
Registered Users-pm+

cc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Piratecc has been promoted to Pirate
No problems with my G4Z’s, going on my 3rd year, being a full-time guide I put a lot of miles in mine, take the plunge!!! You won’t regret it!!
cc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #9
1born2fish
Registered Users-pm+

1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer1born2fish has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Thank you guys, good info.
1born2fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2018, 10:05 PM   #10
natureboy3002
Registered Users-pm+

natureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Piratenatureboy3002 has been promoted to Pirate
I went cheap one year down in Baffin nearly froze my ***** off . Everyone else had simms on and was nice and warm I bit the bullet and bought me a pair simms wader the jacket and the fleece jumper to ware under neither . Keeps me nice and dry and warm. Well worth the money.
natureboy3002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message