Socks for Waders - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2018, 07:37 AM   #1
TXanalogkd
Registered Users-pm+

TXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTXanalogkd has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Socks for Waders

What type socks do you all recommend for waders? I thought I had a hole in my waders because my socks were wet. I do not use waders often and do not recall my socks getting wet.
TXanalogkd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
irbjd
Registered Users-pm+

irbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirateirbjd has been promoted to Pirate
If it's cold I wear good wool socks. Sometimes I wear a liner sock. I've worn wool socks when the water temp did not justify and they were damp from sweat.
irbjd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #3
wbs4010
Registered Users-pm+

wbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Piratewbs4010 has been promoted to Pirate
In Alaska I wore a liner and wool. The liner wicks away sweat and keeps the feet dry. This is why they don’t get cold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wbs4010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Pudldux
Registered Users-pm+

Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Pudldux has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Wear a goretex sock over your insulating sock whichever weight for the conditions. This will allow moisture to wick out but not back into your sock. If you are wearing boot foot waders there is nowhere for the moisture to wick and it gets absorbed into your sock, and neoprene stocking foot are moisture prone as well. The goretex sock is the only thing that keeps your foot dry.
Pudldux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
Majek11
Registered Users-pm+

Majek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to PirateMajek11 has been promoted to Pirate
I use wool socks when it's cold,and if it's really cold I'll use a hand warmer on the top of my toes but my best bet against cold sweaty feet during a winter wade is a boot that's about 2 sizes too big and that has a solid bottom that doesn't collapse under the pressure of mud and water.Good circulation and no cotton is the key
Majek11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 11:01 AM   #6
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
My favorite is wool liner and wool sock. Fits Socks is my new favorite brand.. better loft than Smartwool. they're not cheap but I'm finding that keeping my feet warm is worth it. They are holding up well so far so the extra expense seems to be justified.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:06 AM   #7
habanerojooz
Registered Users-pm+

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
I never knew about using liner socks until reading this thread. Then I did some research on liner socks and learned more. And now I've learned about FITS socks. Nice socks are the bomb. I'm going to try a pair.
habanerojooz is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #8
Trailer Rig
Hooks on Top & Bottom

Trailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to PirateTrailer Rig has been promoted to Pirate
Silk ski liners here.
Trailer Rig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 01:48 PM   #9
jpdarby2
Registered Users-pm+

jpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Piratejpdarby2 has been promoted to Pirate
Smartwool gets the job done for me. Like others have mentioned, if it's really cold I'l use a liner.
jpdarby2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #10
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
I have always used polypropylene. It is a lot less money than wool, is just as good of an insulator, is as effective at wicking away moisture and can be found in multiple thicknesses. I have 2 pairs of 4-ply for the winter and two pairs of 2-ply for fall and spring. I wear the 4-ply inside my wading boots when I wade wet. You can find them in the hiking footwear department of any store that carries good outdoor gear.

Their only downside is they tend to hold smell more than wool. But it has never been something that a good detergent won't remove.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message