Who wears bibs for cooler months? What kind? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 11-22-2018, 09:33 AM   #11
Blutarsky
Registered Users-pm+

Blutarsky is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have had a set of the BPS Bone dry bibs and jacket for about 10 years. Cheaper than the 100 mph gear but work very well. A little hot for summer but great for fall thru spring.
Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2018, 10:55 AM   #12
That Robbie Guy
Swangin' and Bangin'

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
Some good ole' cotton coveralls.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2018, 10:30 PM   #13
yfarmcsy
Registered Users-pm+

yfarmcsy is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Grundens Weather Watch- durable lightweight waterproof breathable, cheap
yfarmcsy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2018, 05:53 PM   #14
Drundel
Registered Users-pm+

Drundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to PirateDrundel has been promoted to Pirate
Helly Hansen makes great gear too.
Drundel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #15
trebledamage80
Registered Users-pm+

trebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Piratetrebledamage80 has been promoted to Pirate
Light Grundens for sure. Got mine on sale couple years back from west marine.
trebledamage80 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 12:14 PM   #16
gulfcoast200
Registered Users-pm+

gulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirategulfcoast200 has been promoted to Pirate
Grundens for fishing, Filson for below 50 degree weather bird hunting.
gulfcoast200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 12:26 PM   #17
Jolly Roger
COME AND TAKE IT

Jolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to PirateJolly Roger has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnQ View Post
I used to just layer up, and throw on rain gear if I'm getting rained on or taking spray from the waves...but it seems a decent set of bibs or coveralls may be a better option.

I looked at a few at Cabela's, and I was shocked at the $300-400 price tag.
They were guide wear with goretex, and seemed a little more fancy than needed...but still, they were expensive.

Those of you who wear them - are you wearing anything other than the old school Grunden style? Anything more breathable and maybe with a few pockets?

Any input on the H2O Express 'softshell' from Academy at $99?

Just looking to add a pair to the boat for the winter time trips.

Thanks in advance,
SQ
I used the Cabela's bibs with a Parka coat both guide wear with gortex for several years both fishing and hunting. They went missing mid deer season last year. So I tried several different combo's last winter/spring and needless to say the Cabela's are worth the money and ordered some more for this winter fishing.

I hated the grundens, not sure what the appeal is.
Jolly Roger is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2018, 09:02 PM   #18
Gap
Registered Users-pm+

Gap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to Pirate
BPS 100mph gear is the real deal. $50 off tops and bibs right now. Just got a set for my 13 yr old.

I'm 10+ years with a set and still dry. I've worn in horrific conditions and can't say enough. Even snow skiing when 30 below. Seals out the wind rain and cold yet not heavy or too warm for 60 degree days.
Gap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 09:04 AM   #19
ElGatoLoco
Registered Users-pm+

ElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to PirateElGatoLoco has been promoted to Pirate
I have a pair of BPS 100 bibs and jackets I have had it for almost 15 years still works and looks great one of the best investments I have made to stay dry and warm.

Well with the money

Tom
ElGatoLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #20
Capt Justin
Laguna Adventures

Capt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to PirateCapt Justin has been promoted to Pirate
Simms Challenger Bibs. Closeout price
https://www.simmsfishing.com/collect...llenger-bib-s9