Looking for a custom rod builder - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #11
BILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS

BILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to PirateBILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS has been promoted to Pirate
billystix "the madstix"

worth a shot right ? i ill be happy to give you my personal attention on your custom rod that you are wanting to have built . you can check out my website also you can visit me at http://www.facebook.com/billy.mcdaniel.96 here i have a very nice photo album with my latest custom builds ,i will give you a quality custom at a fair price .
stix
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 AM   #12
MajekM2
Registered Users-pm+

MajekM2 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
My 2 cents as I just went through the process of looking for one. I sent the same email last Sunday to Sarge, Laguna, Hookspit, South Texas Custom, and Waterloo. Describe my style of fishing and asked for their recommendation. I received a response from Jimmy Burns at Waterloo immediately. I knew it was a Sunday and Monday was a holiday so I waited...Still no response from any of the others. I continued my conversation with Jimmy and bought an HP Lite, should arrive tomorrow. I already own a Salinity and I love it. I can’t comment on the quality of any of the others but I can tell you who took the time to answer my questions and took an interest in helping me. Now a Waterloo Customer for life.
MajekM2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #13
Puddle_Jumper
Registered Users-pm+

Puddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to PiratePuddle_Jumper has been promoted to Pirate
X3 on BillyStix... He does a awesome job !
http://www.billystix.com/
Puddle_Jumper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2018, 12:23 PM   #14
THA
Registered Users-pm+

THA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to PirateTHA has been promoted to Pirate
Just call BillyStix and talk with him. See what you think. I have a couple of his for me and my sons
THA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #15
1TroutTodd
Registered Users-pm+

1TroutTodd is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I own 2 custom Laguna rods and one of their liquids. All 3 are superb.
1TroutTodd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2018, 12:54 AM   #16
Saltydad
Registered Users-pm+

Saltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSaltydad has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Sarge customs. Not cheap, but he makes the best rods on the coast.
Saltydad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2018, 06:08 AM   #17
[email protected]

Allan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to PirateAllan@Seekfishing.com has been promoted to Pirate
Seekfishing Clute,Tx Custom rods and reels repair we can build any rod you need call me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
979-341-9353 Clute
Allan@Seekfishing.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2018, 08:01 AM   #18
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
I've been extremely happy with my Crow Series rods. Super good guy and he builds a great rod. I use his Hybrid model with carbon fiber grips and they are a heck of a good rod.

https://www.facebook.com/Crow-Series...6972583858403/
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2018, 09:30 AM   #19
Gizzmo
Urban Redneck......and proud of it!

Gizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to PirateGizzmo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Sarge Custsoms. Great guy, great rods. He built me this one a year or two ago to match the Concept TX

Great CS too.. To make a long story short, I called and told him I wanted a white blank Priest. He said he didn't have any white blanks for them available, so I was about to get a rod from my 2nd option (Waterloo.) He stopped me and told me has a white Priest that he already wrapped up and was ready to go, but he offered to take everything BACK OFF of it and do it the way I want. He completely stripped it all back down, and built mine. You can't tell me that's not customer service.. Him doing that made me a customer for life. My rod came out by itself at 2.4oz and with the Concept TX reel ~8.5oz.
Those are some TOTALLY RAD vans you have on in that last picture

Sorry, couldn't resist
Gizzmo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #20
ReedA1691
Registered Users-pm+

ReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to PirateReedA1691 has been promoted to Pirate
I have had a few custom rods built for me. The first was in the 90s and was built by Red Stovall. I learned from him the value of a custom rod and I am not sure there were many others doing them at that time. He was someone that had been recommended to me and had famously built rods for George HW Bush. May Red rest in peace. Great guy.

Today, your options are many. IMO, there isn't a lot of difference in the quality of construction between them. Most I've had and seen are quality rods. The differences are in how well they 1) help you navigate the seas of what you want and what kind (weight, action & length) of blank fits that type of fishing, 2) what quality of parts they use (most are pretty similar), 3) how good their customer service is and 4) how firmly they stand behind their product.

Like said above, when I started to deal with Laguna a few years ago, the timeliness of their reaction was not great. But in the end, their process, the quality of the rod and the way they treated me after I just plum broke my rod by my own stupidity, were all first rate. They did not replace my rod. But they gave me a hell of a deal on a replacement even though they had no obligation to do so. Thanks, Tommy.

For you, you'll have to find out for yourself which one is the best for you.
ReedA1691 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message