Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2018, 08:09 PM   #1
FISHINGROB
Registered Users-pm+

FISHINGROB is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Looking for a custom rod builder

Hoping to find help to find a good rod builder that makes quality rods for a fair price in the Houston area.
FISHINGROB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2018, 09:22 AM   #2
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
You might give Johnsons1480 on this board a call. Some of the cleanest builds I've seen, he can build anything you want.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:34 AM   #3
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
Billystix is in FL but he’ll ship it right to your door.
Csafisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2018, 10:05 AM   #4
beerdruid
Registered Users-pm+

beerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Piratebeerdruid has been promoted to Pirate
For the Houston area http://www.lagunarods.com/ is the place to go hands down. Give them a call. Affordable and great customer service.
beerdruid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Fishin' Soldier
Can't be what you ain't.

Fishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to PirateFishin' Soldier has been promoted to Pirate
Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
You might give Johnsons1480 on this board a call. Some of the cleanest builds I've seen, he can build anything you want.
I second this. He has built two donation rods for our non-profit. Very nice rods!
Fishin' Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2018, 11:15 AM   #6
johnsons1480
Registered Users-pm+

johnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Piratejohnsons1480 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FISHINGROB View Post
Hoping to find help to find a good rod builder that makes quality rods for a fair price in the Houston area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishin' Soldier View Post
I second this. He has built two donation rods for our non-profit. Very nice rods!
Thanks for the kind words guys!
johnsons1480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #7
BigPumaAg
Registered Users-pm+

BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)BigPumaAg has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csafisher View Post
Billystix is in FL but he’ll ship it right to your door.
this is my rec too.
BigPumaAg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #8
Bayscout22
***, Over?

Bayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to PirateBayscout22 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsons1480 View Post
Thanks for the kind words guys!

Johnsons1480 built me 3 rods. Best I have owned!
Bayscout22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2018, 02:35 PM   #9
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Sarge Custsoms. Great guy, great rods. He built me this one a year or two ago to match the Concept TX

Great CS too.. To make a long story short, I called and told him I wanted a white blank Priest. He said he didn't have any white blanks for them available, so I was about to get a rod from my 2nd option (Waterloo.) He stopped me and told me has a white Priest that he already wrapped up and was ready to go, but he offered to take everything BACK OFF of it and do it the way I want. He completely stripped it all back down, and built mine. You can't tell me that's not customer service.. Him doing that made me a customer for life. My rod came out by itself at 2.4oz and with the Concept TX reel ~8.5oz.
Attached Images

Last edited by dk2429; 10-17-2018 at 02:44 PM.
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2018, 04:00 PM   #10
hebert51
Banned

hebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerhebert51 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Take a look at the rod building section on this forum. There are several guys on there that do absolutely top notch work.
hebert51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message