Boat Flooring - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
atcfisherman
Saved by the Grace of God

atcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Boat Flooring

Is there anything similar to the safe floor out there that I can put on? I checked with the Safe Floor company and the quote is much higher than what everyone else on 2cool said they got there for. I was given 2 different quotes from them over the past few months and they are extremely high. One was for $1600 and the other was for $1200 and that is for a 21 foot rolled gunnel kenner with a clean front deck, easy floor and a back deck with 3 lids.
atcfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
shoalcat_james
From Hope and Change 2 Dope and Strange

shoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirate
Hey, C and S Outboards out in Crosby Tx is now installing a Flex Floor system. They are no longer selling G-3's and Alumacraft but still a complete marine repair shop. They also have a complete aluminum metal repair shop. I have yet to have first hand with the product, but from what I have heard and read; its about the same thing. Just around half the price. http://www.csoutboard.com/ Click on the "flex floor" link.
shoalcat_james is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #3
sylvan
Registered Users-pm+

sylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Piratesylvan has been promoted to Pirate
What exactly do you mean "safe floor"?
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
shoalcat_james
From Hope and Change 2 Dope and Strange

shoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirateshoalcat_james has been promoted to Pirate
"Safe Floor" is a rubberized floor covering put on by a company in Pearland Tx. Here's there website. http://www.safe-floor.com/Marine.htm I talked to them at the fishing show last yr. If I can remember right, they wanted around $12.50 a sq ft. "I could be wrong" but it was close to $1800. for a 19' boat. But they can put designs into the floor covering. If you wait tell the boat show or fishing show, last yr; they handed out discount coupons there.

Last edited by shoalcat_james; 12-12-2009 at 11:15 PM.
shoalcat_james is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
Rick Kersey
Registered Users-pm+

Rick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRick Kersey has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Google, Catsaway Customs.

You should find info on SeaDek. A foam textured adhesive backed deck material.
Maverick and some other high end flats boat manufactures are offering this product. I have it on my HPX Mirage 17 Maverick.

I was skeptical regarding the dureability of SeaDek until I spoke with a friend over in Florida who had applied it to the forward casting deck and poleing platform on his boat. He tossed the scrap cuttings into the corner of his garage and forgot about them until several weeks later. In the mean time had his 2 sons clean the garage. The boy's sat a half full propane tank in the corner on top of the scraps. It sat there for a couple of weeks before he noticed and removed the tank. The Seadek had a rusty circular imprint from the tank. He used dish detergent and a brush to get the rusty ring stain off but the indention remained. Thinking it was ruined still by the indention tossed the piece in to his garage trash can. Then a couple days later set out the trash and found the porpane tank scar was completely gone.

It's about as easy to apply as shelf paper. Worth a look ! I covered my fuel tank, under gunnel, & poleing deck. I'm going to cover the cockpit floor after Christmas. The diamond texture is hard to see in the photos but it's not slick or slippery even with soapy wash water. It weighs almost nothing too. It's sold in roughly 4X8' sheets in 3 & 5mm thickness and several colors. Price per sq. is reasonable. Castaway Customs will custom and router cut for you but it's a little more pricey for the custom services.

rk
Attached Images

Last edited by Rick Kersey; 12-12-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Rick Kersey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
paragod
Registered Users-pm+

paragod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirate
There has to be a place just to by the stuff and do it yourself ?
paragod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2009, 10:00 PM   #7
atcfisherman

atcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoalcat_james View Post
Hey, C and S Outboards out in Crosby Tx is now installing a Flex Floor system. They are no longer selling G-3's and Alumacraft but still a complete marine repair shop. They also have a complete aluminum metal repair shop. I have yet to have first hand with the product, but from what I have heard and read; its about the same thing. Just around half the price. http://www.csoutboard.com/ Click on the "flex floor" link.
Awesome! I will call them Tuesday.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #8
atcfisherman

I called C&S today and their price is $10.00 per square foot no matter what the difficulty is. They said it is the same as the safe-floor, but softer and same warranty. I am going over there to check it out this week. Much better price than the safe-floor.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #9
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Ultra Tuff...U.S. Navy, Disney, etc. and you can get the rubberized coating at B.P.S. and do it yourself...the stuff is simply amazing!
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
PasadenaMan
Registered Users-pm+

PasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to PiratePasadenaMan has been promoted to Pirate
Pm Me there is a guy in conroe that said he would line x my 21 footer for about 750.
PasadenaMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message