Financial help for destroyed Rockport houses? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-21-2017, 10:12 PM   #1
pocjetty
I hate rude behavior in a man.

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Financial help for destroyed Rockport houses?

Okay, this is one of the weirdest things I've seen lately. The list is so long, it makes me wonder if it's legit. But then again, maybe they don't give that much money to each one?

I thought I would go ahead and post it, in case any of you might benefit.

http://thecoastalbendchronicle.com/2...pproved-provid

Here are some excerpts, just so you know what it's about:

ROCKPORT, Texas- Several Rockport residents will likely be receiving financial help to repair their homes after Hurricane Harvey. This funding comes from an unexpected international source, which encourages the altruistic love for others, and selfless giving through volunteering.

Utilizing the Building Official Association of Texas Damage Assessment, the Buddhist TZU CHI Foundation has identified the following addresses as potential recipients of nongovernmental financial aid. Tzu Chi is looking to provide property owners or renters with a cash supplement for majorly damaged or destroyed properties.                                     

If your address is listed below, you are encouraged to go to the Fulton Volunteer Fire Department on September 23, 2017, between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm.

Upon arrival register at the door by presenting a Photo ID, a utility bill showing your name and the service period including the day Harvey hit on August 25, 2017, and receive an invitation letter. You must be present with the required documents to receive the financial aid. No exceptions will be allowed.  

#4 Nassau - Key Allegro
1 Bayberry Circle, Rockport TX
1 Cedar St, Rockport TX
1 Jamaica Dr, Rockport TX
1 Malibu Ln, Rockport TX
1 S Kossuth St, Rockport TX
1 thru 58 Mesquite, Fulton TX
10 Farmers Circle
10 Sandpiper Ln, Rockport TX
1001 Mallard
1001 Weeping Willow

(Plus a BUNCH more)
pocjetty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2017, 10:33 PM   #2
Comeback
Registered Users-pm+

Comeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to Pirate
Financial help for destroyed Rockport houses?

I saw that list. There are a slew of houses on Key Allegro that sustained a HUGE amount of damage. But...I seriously doubt they (for the most part) will be vying for those funds. That organization needs to come up with a better way to drill down to those that really need the assistance.
Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 10:42 PM   #3
pocjetty

pocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Piratepocjetty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeback View Post
I saw that list. There are a slew of houses on Key Allegro that sustained a HUGE amount of damage. But...I seriously doubt they (for the most part) will be vying for those funds. That organization needs to come up with a better way to drill down to those that really need the assistance.

The whole thing seems odd, but they are working through the Volunteer Fire Department. Pretty gutsy if it's some kind of con.

We have some good friends whose house in Key Allegro is on the list. There is a 2Cooler who we helped this weekend whose house stilt house is pretty much nothing but stilts and a floor - his house isn't on the list, even though the houses on both sides are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #4
billsandducks
Registered Users-pm+

billsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Piratebillsandducks has been promoted to Pirate
This organization was in dickinson helping and issuing 400-600 dollar aid cards to families. Its legit
billsandducks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 10:53 PM   #5
Comeback
Registered Users-pm+

Comeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to PirateComeback has been promoted to Pirate
The "Foundation" is using the Fulton VFD as a registration center.
Not necessarily working through Fulton VFD. Things need to be vetted and given the current environment that probably isn't as concise as people would like. They're are a lot of people that really need help that are not on that list.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:05 PM   #6
Ox Eye
Recovering Workaholic

Ox Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to PirateOx Eye has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocjetty View Post
The whole thing seems odd, but they are working through the Volunteer Fire Department. Pretty gutsy if it's some kind of con.

Maybe I'm just an old cynic, but that was my first inclination. There can't be that many Buddhists in all of Aransas County, much less Rockport. But, if the "net" is a reliable source, they do appear to be a legit organization. That being the case ... and if they have decent interest rates, good on them!

Still curious about the designated locations, tho.
Ox Eye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #7
pocjetty

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandducks View Post
This organization was in dickinson helping and issuing 400-600 dollar aid cards to families. Its legit

That's helpful. There are a couple of addresses I know on the list, but I didn't want to tell them if it was a scam. They have been through enough. This won't buy them a new house, but everything helps.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:21 PM   #8
Comeback
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox Eye View Post
Maybe I'm just an old cynic, but that was my first inclination. There can't be that many Buddhists in all of Aransas County, much less Rockport. But, if the "net" is a reliable source, they do appear to be a legit organization. That being the case ... and if they have decent interest rates, good on them!

Still curious about the designated locations, tho.

http://m.rockportpilot.com/people/ar....html?mode=jqm
Old 09-22-2017, 06:25 AM   #9
tx8er
Registered Users-pm+

tx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Piratetx8er has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by billsandducks View Post
They were also giving out food and supplies. The local news story said they had provided around $ 5M in aid. The story ran first part of this week. Lots of smiles and hugs going around in the video.
tx8er is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2017, 07:02 AM   #10
bg
Mostest Bestest Member Ever!

bg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Piratebg has been promoted to Pirate
I saw on the CC News this morning that Red Cross is giving out a $400 per person relief payment as well. Details here - https://harveyhelp.redcross.org/index.html
bg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message