2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

'New to Me' tip for you 'Chefs' out there...

8K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  c hook 
#1 ·
Dunno if you know this or not.. I sure didn't...and it is a real 'time saver' when you prep as many things ahead as I do.

Who ever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box?
You know when you try to pull some fo il out and the roll comes out of the box.
Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over.
The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.
Well, I would like to share this with you.
Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it,
and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end.
Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place.
How long has this little locking tab been there?
I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too.
I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too!
I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out,
when I was trying to cover something up

See less See more
#6 ·
Dude, how did I get to be 54 years old and not know that. I just went and punched the tabs on everything in the drawer. Told my wife about it and she didn't know either. Green headed your way for 2Cool tip of the month (at least).
LOL..."It's the 'little things' that get ya in this life"...:tongue:

Don't feel bad, Insti...I got another quarter century on me..and it shore surprised me....and REALLY made my life easier...:biggrin:

#7 ·
This has come up here several times over the years and it always amazes people. Including me the first time I heard it.

Kinda makes ya wonder what else is out there to make our life easier we have no clue about! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.