Best deep drop ducer for Garmin 76xx xsv 800'-1700' - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 04-27-2015, 08:05 AM   #21
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Makomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ding_a_ling View Post
Well just ordered the Garmin 7212 with the CM599LM transducer and the 7608xsv with the GT51m-Tm transducer. I should be good shallow and deep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
$3100.00 3KW transducer! Gonna need the GSD26 to power that! That is about the best set up for shallow and deep!
Check out this thread, not sure if the issue still exists or if they have resolved...

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...letin_1362.pdf
Makomecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #22
ding_a_ling
2015 26' Imemsa Panga

ding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirate
Oh yeah forgot that component. I got the GSD-26 sonar unit as well! Can't wait to get it in! And I got the CM599LM for $2800.

Yeah and hopefully the current software fixes that problem.
ding_a_ling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2017, 05:24 AM   #23
Rufneck
Registered Users-pm+

Rufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerRufneck has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I just bought a 1042xsv and the GT51 transom mount. The 1042xsv only has the 12 pin connector so I can't go dual band but I am hoping that the GT51 will do anything and everything up to around 500' of water which is where I will be spending 95% of my time anyway.
Rufneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #24
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Makomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to Pirate
New sled,

Bought a new, (to me) sled, 2001 27 Cape Horn with a set of 2016 250 zukes on the back.

Has 7610xsv, HB Onix10 and a 740s along with 48 mile HD radar.

Going to have to buy new transducer for this ride as the gt23tm is marginal at best, and it has a smashed cable.

I think I am going to end up with at least a B175M initially, but at some point I am going to want to target Swords.

What transducers are giving you the best results fishing for Grouper/Tile and Swords?
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #25
Stir It Up
Registered Users-pm+

Stir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makomecrazy View Post
Bought a new, (to me) sled, 2001 27 Cape Horn with a set of 2016 250 zukes on the back.

Has 7610xsv, HB Onix10 and a 740s along with 48 mile HD radar.

Going to have to buy new transducer for this ride as the gt23tm is marginal at best, and it has a smashed cable.

I think I am going to end up with at least a B175M initially, but at some point I am going to want to target Swords.

What transducers are giving you the best results fishing for Grouper/Tile and Swords?

We installed an Airmar B175L in September to go with our 7608xsv. We can mark bottom to 2000+ft no problem. We can mark bait in 1000ft no problem. It does not mark bait in detail when swordfishing in 1400ft of water or deeper. But you can tell areas where there is bait after you get used to reading it. We have marked swordfish during the day in 1500ft of water using it but I wouldn’t expect to drive around and find them using it. I think knowing how to tune the machine is more important than anything. In general we have been very happy with the B175L. It was a game changer for us.

Stir It Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #26
Stir It Up
Registered Users-pm+

Stir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to PirateStir It Up has been promoted to Pirate

Stir It Up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2018, 07:35 AM   #27
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Nice! Just ordered Simrad AP44 and a B175M from Semperfifishing.com. 3200.00 for both with hydraulic connection kit.
Should be here Friday for a Saturday install! Will post up screen shots of deep performance when the weather lets me get out there.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:36 AM   #28
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

I looked at the B175L as well, there were several threads discussing issues with that transducer. Hopefully they were able to work them out.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:45 AM   #29
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Update

Installed the B175M. Fantastic transducer for what I am doing right now! No screen shots to share yet, but will post up when I get some good deep shots.
Also, I cannot say enough good about the Simrad AP44 I installed either! That unit runs the boat arrow straight. Makes the Garmin compact reactor that I had in my old Mako look bad. (as great as I thought that was at the time!)

On another note, seeing that this is an old thread I started when I was upgrading electronics on the old Mako. The Diawa Tanicom 1000 has been an absolute beast. Landed several Donkey AJ's, loads of BFT, a couple of Warsaw Grouper a box or two of Tile, Barrel and Beards and truckloads of big fat snapper. It is still going strong!
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #30
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

ShawnQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makomecrazy View Post
Installed the B175M. Fantastic transducer for what I am doing right now! No screen shots to share yet, but will post up when I get some good deep shots.
Also, I cannot say enough good about the Simrad AP44 I installed either! That unit runs the boat arrow straight. Makes the Garmin compact reactor that I had in my old Mako look bad. (as great as I thought that was at the time!)

On another note, seeing that this is an old thread I started when I was upgrading electronics on the old Mako. The Diawa Tanicom 1000 has been an absolute beast. Landed several Donkey AJ's, loads of BFT, a couple of Warsaw Grouper a box or two of Tile, Barrel and Beards and truckloads of big fat snapper. It is still going strong!

Glad to hear the B175M is working well. I have one waiting to install...just can't make myself drill that big hole!
ShawnQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message