Best deep drop ducer for Garmin 76xx xsv 800'-1700' - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 04-23-2015, 06:30 PM   #11
Charlietunakiller
Registered Users-pm+

Charlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to PirateCharlietunakiller has been promoted to Pirate
tuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makomecrazy View Post
I fished with JHP3435 last month to 1300'. He has a Simrad NSS EVO2 Paired with a B150M 300 watt and it marked bottom at 1300' and I am pretty sure I saw a target or two on bottom. We caught tile in 925' and did not see targets when we were hooking up.

Neatest thing was at Falcon jigging for Tunas we could watch the bait as it dropped and could stop it at the to/middle bottom of the bait ball, it was very cool!

I can't wait to get the setup that I currently have installed!
My son put a NSS12 in the boat late last year. TM265LH 1k chirp ducer
He said the same thing. You could see the bait and line going down. Can not wait to go out
Charlietunakiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 06:48 PM   #12
teckersley
Registered Users-pm+

teckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirate
I too have the 265LH although it is in hull mount. Paired with Simrad NSE12 and 8 and BSM-2. All that has been said is true. Very good bottom tracking in deepwater and can do the job very well. Just like anything though, if money is no object kind of thing, you can get even better with the 599 series. If i recall, the 599 is a couple of grand more so you have to decide just how good you want or need.

Good luck.
teckersley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #13
hillbilly deluxe
Registered Users-pm+

hillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Pirate
i have a 7608 and a 7610 i just installed. i have the gt51 on the 08 and plan on hooking up a tm265 to the 10 just need to make that it will read down to 1200-1500 if not i need a box and the 26. does any one have first hand info using the 265 for reading deep. i was told i would not read any targets passed a 1000???????????????
hillbilly deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #14
teckersley
Registered Users-pm+

teckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirateteckersley has been promoted to Pirate
Best deep drop ducer for Garmin 76xx xsv 800'-1700'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly deluxe View Post
i have a 7608 and a 7610 i just installed. i have the gt51 on the 08 and plan on hooking up a tm265 to the 10 just need to make that it will read down to 1200-1500 if not i need a box and the 26. does any one have first hand info using the 265 for reading deep. i was told i would not read any targets passed a 1000???????????????

I am not sure who told you that about the 265. I see plenty of marks 1,000+ feet. These are from early last summer that i happen to have in my phone. This was before I got used to the settings and I think 2 firmware versions ago.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:30 AM   #15
hillbilly deluxe
Registered Users-pm+

hillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Piratehillbilly deluxe has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by teckersley View Post
I am not sure who told you that about the 265. I see plenty of marks 1,000+ feet. These are from early last summer that i happen to have in my phone. This was before I got used to the settings and I think 2 firmware versions ago.
that not bad marks for sure but is the black the bottomr is it not reading it? i dont know how well its going to work in 1200-1500 i may have to go with the 26 and 599 to get what i'm looking for. any one else have any info on the 265
Old 04-24-2015, 03:04 AM   #16
teckersley
Registered Users-pm+

Best deep drop ducer for Garmin 76xx xsv 800'-1700'

Quote:
that not bad marks for sure but is the black the bottomr is it not reading it? i dont know how well its going to work in 1200-1500 i may have to go with the 26 and 599 to get what i'm looking for. any one else have any info on the 265

No. That's bottom. I get similar results in 1400 to 1500 as well I just don't have the screenshots. I have ever seen similar results in 1600-1700 but that's as deep as I have needed to go so I can't comment beyond that. As mentioned earlier, If money is no concern, the 599 series will give you better target detail and go very deep I am sure if needed but the 265 will get the job done in 1500 feet from my experience.

Last edited by teckersley; 04-24-2015 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:35 AM   #17
Makomecrazy
SUNNYBEACH

Makomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragAddiction View Post
That makes me think that this 1kw b175m might be better than I am expecting. I hope so. Im about to order one of those pelagic outfitter specials with the t1000 and start deep dropping. Cant wait to give it a go.
I ordered the T1000 combo Tuesday! It should be here by next week. I will be set up for dropping for Tile! All the research I did on the T1000 lead me to understand that it is a power assist reel, the electric motor is just for retrieving the bait and weights and that if you get hooked up with a big grouper or AJ you will probably have to hand crank! All that said, at 775.00 for the bent butt rod and reel spooled with 900 yards of braid it was too good to pass up.
Makomecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 11:02 AM   #18
Makomecrazy
SUNNYBEACH

Makomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:

Those are nice screen shots for sure. The 265 will not work for me because my 12 pin connection is already used by the GT51m.
It looks like it is narrowed down to the B175M or B175L. The GT51M with 500w traditional chirp should cover everything down to 400' for the vast majority of my fishing. The 175L may be the best choice for deep targets down to 1200' from all the threads I have been reading.
Makomecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #19
hillbilly deluxe
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makomecrazy View Post
I ordered the T1000 combo Tuesday! It should be here by next week. I will be set up for dropping for Tile! All the research I did on the T1000 lead me to understand that it is a power assist reel, the electric motor is just for retrieving the bait and weights and that if you get hooked up with a big grouper or AJ you will probably have to hand crank! All that said, at 775.00 for the bent butt rod and reel spooled with 900 yards of braid it was too good to pass up.
thats not a bad price. dam line cost you 175.00 r more.
I think ill give the 265 a try if garmin ever gets a 12 pin adapter built. suck having new gear but have to wait on the company to finish building the rest of the stuff that goes with it.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:41 PM   #20
ding_a_ling
2015 26' Imemsa Panga

ding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirate
Well just ordered the Garmin 7212 with the CM599LM transducer and the 7608xsv with the GT51m-Tm transducer. I should be good shallow and deep!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ding_a_ling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message