Best deep drop ducer for Garmin 76xx xsv 800'-1700' - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 04-22-2015, 01:17 PM   #1
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Makomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to Pirate
Best deep drop ducer for Garmin 76xx xsv 800'-1700'

Name:  20150420_182823.jpg
Views: 1537
Size:  60.7 KBI now have everything I need to install my 7608XSV/GT51m-tm this weekend!

Next purchase will be a 1KW CHIRP transducer for deep dropping, 800' to 1700' for Tiles, Swords and such. What are the better transducers available for the 76xx xsv's for this and what makes them better?
Should I consider/is it possible to add a black box and start looking to 2-3kw chirp?
Keep in mind that the duel frequency ducers wont work as my GT51m-tm already occupies the sole 12 pin connection.

Thanks!
Makomecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #2
ding_a_ling
2015 26' Imemsa Panga

ding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirateding_a_ling has been promoted to Pirate
That's my plan. Gonna get the GSD-26 and the CM599LM ducer. They claim it reads to 10,000 ft, (doubt it) but sword/tilefish fishing should be no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ding_a_ling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2015, 10:31 PM   #3
My Little Big boat
Registered Users-pm+

My Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to PirateMy Little Big boat has been promoted to Pirate
Have you seen the next big thing they have? Garmin is starting to grow on me!

http://sites.garmin.com/en-US/panoptix/
My Little Big boat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #4
TeamJefe
Registered Users-pm+

TeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to PirateTeamJefe has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ding_a_ling View Post
That's my plan. Gonna get the GSD-26 and the CM599LM ducer. They claim it reads to 10,000 ft, (doubt it) but sword/tilefish fishing should be no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the GSD26 and the CM599LH and I can read bottom in 4000ft+ easily. Its pretty incredible. Make sure the the transducer is mounted properly with no turbulence
TeamJefe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2015, 08:06 AM   #5
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Makomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to PirateMakomecrazy has been promoted to Pirate
Anyone running the b175? low, high or medium? I have heard good reports on other sites about the B175m, but no one on the B175L.

Have not looked into the GSD26 and related ducers yet.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:24 AM   #6
DragAddiction
Registered Users-pm+

DragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to Pirate
b175m

I just installed 51TH and a b175m with a 7607. Took it out last weekend testing but didnt get that deep. I got the 175m for deeper water and I was told that it would mark bottom at 1700ft. I might have gone for the L version if I was to do it again because the 600kw chirp on the 51th looks to be pretty good. We got out to around 400ft of water and I couldnt tell much difference between the two at that depth. I did some asking around on THT and these guys made it sound like with a 1KW chirp that marking "targets" like bait or fish on the bottom at 1700ft was wishful thinking with either of those transducers (175L or 175M) - so I went with the M for better resolution.
DragAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2015, 08:33 AM   #7
Starkman
Registered Users-pm+

Starkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of GunnerStarkman has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
I have the b175l and can see bait on the bottom in 1200 ft. Haven't tried any deeper yet except 9000 feet where it didn't work at all!
Starkman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2015, 08:44 AM   #8
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkman View Post
I have the b175l and can see bait on the bottom in 1200 ft. Haven't tried any deeper yet except 9000 feet where it didn't work at all!
WOW! Thats what I need then!
Old 04-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #9
Makomecrazy
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragAddiction View Post
I just installed 51TH and a b175m with a 7607. Took it out last weekend testing but didnt get that deep. I got the 175m for deeper water and I was told that it would mark bottom at 1700ft. I might have gone for the L version if I was to do it again because the 600kw chirp on the 51th looks to be pretty good. We got out to around 400ft of water and I couldnt tell much difference between the two at that depth. I did some asking around on THT and these guys made it sound like with a 1KW chirp that marking "targets" like bait or fish on the bottom at 1700ft was wishful thinking with either of those transducers (175L or 175M) - so I went with the M for better resolution.
I fished with JHP3435 last month to 1300'. He has a Simrad NSS EVO2 Paired with a B150M 300 watt and it marked bottom at 1300' and I am pretty sure I saw a target or two on bottom. We caught tile in 925' and did not see targets when we were hooking up.

Neatest thing was at Falcon jigging for Tunas we could watch the bait as it dropped and could stop it at the to/middle bottom of the bait ball, it was very cool!

I can't wait to get the setup that I currently have installed!
Old 04-23-2015, 04:44 PM   #10
DragAddiction
Registered Users-pm+

DragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to PirateDragAddiction has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makomecrazy View Post
I fished with JHP3435 last month to 1300'. He has a Simrad NSS EVO2 Paired with a B150M 300 watt and it marked bottom at 1300' and I am pretty sure I saw a target or two on bottom. We caught tile in 925' and did not see targets when we were hooking up.

Neatest thing was at Falcon jigging for Tunas we could watch the bait as it dropped and could stop it at the to/middle bottom of the bait ball, it was very cool!

I can't wait to get the setup that I currently have installed!
That makes me think that this 1kw b175m might be better than I am expecting. I hope so. Im about to order one of those pelagic outfitter specials with the t1000 and start deep dropping. Cant wait to give it a go.
DragAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message