Catfish Supreme - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Recipes
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
Catfish Supreme

This is some of the best catfish I ever had. The wife and I ate it 2 nights in a row. Serve over rice, dirty rice or pasta. Bon Apetit!

Catfish Supreme

2 lbs Catfish fillets

Cajun Blackenening seasoning (Paul Prudhomes)

Hellman’s mayo

Butter

1 Cup Sliced fresh Mushrooms

˝ Cup chopped Parsley

1 Cup sliced Green Onions

1 ˝ pounds peeled and deveined medium Shrimp

2 cans Cream of Shrimp soup

Cayenne pepper and Louisiana Hot Sauce to taste

1. Season catfish well on both sides with blackened seasoning then spread a thin layer of mayo on both sides of each fillet. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

2. In a large skillet heat 2 Tbsp butter until it starts to sizzle. Sear the fish fillets on both sides (don't cook all the way through) and remove to a large baking dish.

3. In the same skillet add 2 more Tbsp butter and then add the mushrooms, parsley and green onions. When this cooks down some add the shrimp. When the shrimp start turning a little pink reduce the heat to low and add the 2 cans of shrimp soup (the shrimp will finish cooking in the oven). Season to taste with Cayenne pepper & Hot sauce. Stir well to combine and ladle this mixture over the fish fillets.

4. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Haute Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
TXPalerider
We all have it coming......

TXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to PirateTXPalerider has been promoted to Pirate
Most AWESOME recipe Blake. I had it tonight served over a bed of white rice.

For those of you thinking about making this, it's about as easy a recipe as there is. Very simple!! Also, don't be afraid to add a little extra spice. I held off, fearing it to spicey for my 3 and 5 year old, but, it was not a problem. Very mild. I did coat mine with Louisiana Hot Sauce though.

MMMMMM!! Two thumbs up!!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:32 PM   #3
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

Haute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to PirateHaute Pursuit has been promoted to Pirate
How come you didn't call me? LOL Glad you liked it... one of our favorites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #4
yim11

yim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunneryim11 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
This is a GREAT recipe!!! Thanks! We've made it a couple of times now, first as instructed, second time used Talapia caught at Fairfield and crabmeat with the shrimp in the sauce. Crabmeat really adds something to it! I can't wait to try this sauce with some crawfish tails and crab!
yim11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2007, 09:19 PM   #5
texasGG
Reelrednecks Fishing Team

texasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to Pirate
Really good recipe!
texasGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
Thunder
Registered Users-pm+

Thunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to PirateThunder has been promoted to Pirate
It's been a great year on the water so far and I have lots of trout. I think I will try this one with some nice fat trout fillets.
Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2007, 10:00 PM   #7
fishchaser2
Registered Users-pm+

fishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerfishchaser2 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Tried the receipt using trout, everything else as listed --- it is definitely a repeat dish. I'd put it with the menu items in the sea food resturants. I like the comment about crab meat with the shrimp --- variations are limited to the imagination, but what is listed is excellent.
fishchaser2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
brazman
Get enough Brazos in your diet.

brazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Pirate
I tried this one time and I'm hooked now...only now the HEBs in my area in Austin don't carry Cream of Shrimp all of a sudden. I guess I cooked it back in July or August, and haven't seen a single can since then. Any heads up on where I can find some?
Thanks in advance!
brazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #9
Haute Pursuit
Give it hell Remy!

We had to ask the HEB manager to stock it for us which he did. The wife bought 12 cans of it the last time she was there.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #10
brazman
Get enough Brazos in your diet.

brazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Piratebrazman has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks, Haute, good idea. I'll do it this afternoon!
brazman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message