Quitting Copenhagen - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Tobacco Quitters Support Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
sandman
Registered Users-pm+

sandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quitting Copenhagen

I started chewing RedMan, Days Work, and Browns Mule when I was 12 yrs old. Progressed to Copenhagen quickly.

I tried to quit a few times. Usually never made it more than a few hours. Tried the gums, tablets etc.. None of it worked for very long. ****, that nicotine is powerful.

Started trying to wean myself off it with Skoal pouches. That helped but still needed the Long Cut in the mornings and evenings. The pouches worked during the day.

I bought a kit called Final Smoke. Read the stuff. Listened to the CD. Put it on the shelf until later.

Forty years later, I finally had enough and said I was going to do it. Threw every can away. It was tough for the first couple of days. I used the Final Smoke tablets and that helped. Sleeping schedule was messed up too. I also bought some pouches, Oregon Mint Snuff. That fulfilled the urge to put something in my lip. They also have some tobacco free dip that doesn't taste too bad.

After the third or fourth day, the cravings lessened. They were manageable with the Final Smoke capsules.

After a week or so, the cravings were all but gone but I kept up on the tablets for another week, just in case.

Certain situations had cravings come up. They were manageable.

It's been 109 days today and I am 100% confident that I will never use that **** again.

You can do it. Get some help.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 10:45 AM   #2
FLAT FISHY
Registered Users-pm+

FLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to PirateFLAT FISHY has been promoted to Pirate
Been done with that **** for a over year now.keep it up bro its worth it
FLAT FISHY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #3
daryl1979
21 Shoalwater Cat

daryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Piratedaryl1979 has been promoted to Pirate
Hey bud I've been trying to quite... Where do you get that final smoke stuff at?
daryl1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
sandman
Registered Users-pm+

sandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateersandman has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I bought it online. Try here: http://www.quithere.com/faqs.html
'Forty years later' was after starting tobacco, not after buying the Final Smoke. That was only a year
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
ATX 4x4
Do you know Jesus?

ATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAT FISHY View Post
Been done with that **** for a over year now.keep it up bro its worth it
Meeeee too. 1 year, 8 weeks, 19 hours and 45 minutes to be exact.

Keep it up sandman!!! It's only down hill from here. Just remind yourself you are one pinch away from being a dipper again, don't do it. No different than any other drug addiction.
ATX 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #6
jtbailey
Hook-N-Reel

jtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Piratejtbailey has been promoted to Pirate
Man it's been 3 years since i gave up the snuff... aint gonna lie, i STILL get the urge time to time EXPECIALLY when fishing. I guess it's something that will never go away???
jtbailey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
rio frio
Highball !!!!

rio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Piraterio frio has been promoted to Pirate
Yall are doing great.....congrats
rio frio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
OnedayScratch
Did Somebody Say Tacos?

OnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to PirateOnedayScratch has been promoted to Pirate
Good job Sandman. Powah to da kwitters!
OnedayScratch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #9
joshzharris
Registered Users-pm+

joshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateerjoshzharris has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
6 weeks

It's been 6 weeks since I quit Copenhagen after 25 years of dipping. My biggest help has actually a 3 1/2 pound bag of Jolly Ranchers. As the urge hits me I grab a handfuls of em. It has been a week now since I needed to grab that bag. The urge is still there but it is more manageable now.

Josh
joshzharris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2013, 12:03 AM   #10
Bearwolf34
No1TxSaltwaterAngler

Bearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to PirateBearwolf34 has been promoted to Pirate
Your right on one dip is all it takes. Messed with the stuff since I was 8 yrs old, then layed off it till college..i quit when my oldest was born...lasted 10yrs as never thought about it..being around the guys at work I took a dip one hot day and now regret that. Got up to a can to a can and a half a day of copenhagen...tried to quit a few times. All the stress on the job sure doesnt help. Its kind of sickening the amount of $$ ive thrown away the last 4-5 yrs. the first two weeks was rough the first time, but now i just keep packin it in all day..and when I cant im a wreck. Someday though....
Bearwolf34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message