12 years of copenhagen gone - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Tobacco Quitters Support Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
trentmc

trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
12 years of copenhagen gone

wow, i never imagined quiting could be so hard and yet so easy at the same time...... im 24 started dipping copenhagen when i was 12ish and been dipping a can and a half a day for the last couple of years. got back from my honeymoon and told my wife im putting it to rest. its been 4 days so far and im not feening for nicotine its the spitting when outside or working. but the good part is that when im around my wife i have no urges at all. but she went backto work today and man its hard not driving down the street and picking up a can. when does the feeling of wanting to spit leave??????? wish me luck.
trentmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 PM   #2
dash8dvr
Registered Users-pm+

dash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Pirate
Trent, the good Lord gave us ex dippers sunflower seeds for a reason. Go out and buy a few bags of different flavors and start spittin! Seeds helped me get through almost a year of tobacco free living after dipping for 20 years. Good luck with your quit, you can do it.
dash8dvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #3
trashcanslam
Registered Users-pm+

trashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Piratetrashcanslam has been promoted to Pirate
I'm 24 and had been dipping since 15, quit once a year ago for 5 months then started up again because I was bored, quit again about 3 months ago and have been going good. It's pretty hard to go fishing by myself and not want a dip but I guess I'll get through it, it isn't hard to quit but the long run is a little tougher.
trashcanslam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 01:36 PM   #4
trentmc

trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)trentmc is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
it was actually alot easier getting over the temptation of wanting the nicotine, but the hard part is the fishing, hunting, working, and all the things ive come accustomed to doing with a dip. especially because all my friends still dip and most of my coworkers do too. but only time will tell.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:34 PM   #5
hog
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time

hog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Piratehog has been promoted to Pirate
I started dipping the summer of 1978 and quit July 13, of 07. 29yrs. No quiting in that time period. I would say in a 24 hour period, I had a dip in my mouth 18-20 of those hours on avg. I never really had the desire to quit.

But, health issues and my familys pleading made me quit smoking in January 07 (34 yrs) and dipping this past july as mentioned above. To do it, I put on the high strenght nicotine patch for the first 3 days. I dont really have the nicotine urges to bad now. Its just when I finish eating, or getting in the car to drive, or sitting there to watch TV. I guess you could say, it was the times I normally freshend my dip.

Ive even gone thru the motions of reaching down to hit on my pocket to only realize a can is not there. I truly think right now its just breaking the habbit of when I got a dip im having to deal with. I never was much of a spitter, couldnt stand to have spit cups around to knock over or look bad at the house, and my job forbid tobacco products so I just learned to have a dip in my mouth all the time without spitting real often, I guess you could say I was a swallower.

But I will say this as others have mentioned, sun flower seeds sure help with something to do and to put in your mouth.

If your teeth are real yellow like mine were, I just went to the dentist and had my teeth whitened with a process called "Zoom" and for the first time in 30 YRS, i now have nice almost white teeth.

Good luck to all of you new non tobacco users. I promise you if I can do it, you can too. (ps-my 60 yr old brother quit also due to health reasons)

Hog
hog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 10:14 PM   #6
tx064deer
Registered Users-pm+

tx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbietx064deer has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
dipped for about 20yrs and been without for about 15 now, It is by far harder to stop the habbit than to get over the nicotine, A lot of chewing gum!!! and kinda tuck it in your lip helps with the feeling of something missing, and I use to take a straw and cut it up into about inch long pieces and keep some in my pocket, GOOD LUCK KEEP IT UP YOU CAN DO IT !!
tx064deer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2007, 10:24 PM   #7
trentmc

thanks for all the tips, trust me im using all of them. whenever i didnt have a dip in and i had a biggulp from the quicky mart i would chew on the straw til it was down to nothing and it kept me occupied for the time being. i will have to invest in straws and toothpicks, ive been through two big bags of sunflower seeds in the last two days and 4 packs of gum. but the sensation of spitting and something in my lip is still getting to me. im thinking of buying non tabaco dip(bac-off) but thats still gross, healthy but gross. but keep throwing the ideas out and prey. thanks again for the support and tips. youll have given me hope and light in the end of the tunnel.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #8
bmc4041
Registered Users-pm+

bmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Pirate
Been 2 1/2 months off Cope. First month I put a pinch of coffee grounds or opened up a tea bag just to get the craving gone every couple days. Never seemed like it was the nicotene I was craving just the habit I missed. No big cravings very often now but hunting season will be the test.
bmc4041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2007, 04:54 AM   #9
fish fry
Registered Users-pm+

fish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateerfish fry has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Hey, just a note on the gum chewing. I quit dipping and was chewing gum because the sunflower seeds made my mouth raw. After about a month I started feeling like I had a basketball in my stomach. I have had acid reflux problems for a long time but nothing like this. I went to the Dr. and the first thing she asked me was if I dipped? I told her I had quit and she asked if I was chewing gum. I told her yes and she asked if it was sugar free? I said yes and she told me that the artificial sweetner that they put in the gum isn't digestable, that it will build up in your stomach and cause bloating. So, I quit chewing sugarless and the bloating stopped in a couple of weeks. Just a little advice in case this happens to you. I find the toughest beef jerky I can find and chew on that!
fish fry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #10
berto
Registered Users-pm+

berto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirateberto has been promoted to Pirate
well i just started my quest on stopping. im going on 9 years with this nasty habbit. i stopped last year and then like above started again just because i missed it. im not having any withdraws on it but i am going crazy not having something in my mouth.. i need to spit something other then sunflower seeds. Is there a tobacco less type dip?
berto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message