the best way to quit copenhagen? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Tobacco Quitters Support Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
lineman12
Registered Users-pm+

lineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerlineman12 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
the best way to quit copenhagen?

hoping to quit copenhagen, seeing if any of you have a helpful way that worked for you?
lineman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
dash8dvr
Registered Users-pm+

dash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Piratedash8dvr has been promoted to Pirate
I used fake snuff (back-off brand or smokey mountain chew) and chew sunflower seeds. Worked for me.
dash8dvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2007, 10:51 PM   #3
SurfRunner
Registered Users-pm+

SurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to Pirate
Just grit your teeth and say no each time the urge occurs. You will find that the urges will become less frequent until, a few years down the road, you wont have them any more. You can do it.

I dipped snuff and chewed tobacco when I was in elementary. I can't believe my parents allowed me to do that. Anyway, I was definately addicted by the time I was in the 6th grade. I am 46 years old now and I bought my first can of Copenhagen for .25 cents. I think Skoal went for about 22 cents a can.

My addiction was so bad that I had a dip in my mouth before I got out of bed in the mornings. Anyway, I tried quitting on about ten different occasions. I would go months without a dip and figured it wouldn't hurt to take just one........wrong.

So, if you quit, go into it knowing you will never take another dip in your life.....no matter what.

I had my last dip about 15 years ago when I was 31 years old. I promise you, the urges will become less frequent, but you will probably have them for about 5 years. However, it's not that bad. I never have an urge anymore. I seldom even think about dipping anymore. I can definately tell a difference in my health too.

Like I said, grit your teeth and say no. Never ever think you can take a dip and be safe...It doesn't matter how long you have been off of it. If you go back to it, try to quit again. Never stop trying. When you finally decide you will never take another dip again, those urges will eventually go away and you will be glad you did it.

Dip like crazy this week and mentally prepare yourself to stop on a specific day... then do it. That way, you will mentally prepare youself. I picked a Monday to quit, so I would be off of it 5 full days before the weekend.

You are in my prayers and I know you will kick it.
SurfRunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007, 10:52 PM   #4
SurfRunner
Registered Users-pm+

SurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to PirateSurfRunner has been promoted to Pirate
BTW, don't even think you can smoke a cigar. That will get you back on it too. I know that from experience.
SurfRunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
AGBQ84
Registered Users-pm+

AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AGBQ84 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Cheers Quit Cope Almost 5 Months Ago

I used Copenhagen for almost 26 years to the day. On August 23, 2006, I bought my last can.

I was so hard core, I quit spitting over 18 years ago. I would eat, drink, sleep, and swallow my dip! There's no telling how much damage I have inflicted on my stomach and intestines. I rarely went more than 1-2 hours without one in my mouth. My wife had been on me since before we married almost 23 years ago. My two daughters have been on me since they were old enough to talk!

I had tried quitting a couple of times, but kept giving into the cravings.

I finally decided in August that September 1, 2006, would be my new start. In July, I started cutting back on the amount of snuff I would use at a time. As the end of August approached, I found a can lasting almost a week. Back in the day, I would go through 1.5-2 cans a day.

At 6:05 PM August 28th, I spit out my last dip. I walked away cold turkey. The cravings at times were almost unbearable. I would break out into a sweat and want to run down to the corner store. For almost 2 months, I found myself reaching for the can in my back pocket that wasn't there. When I got home and changed into my shorts, I would reach for the back pocket of my pants to "get my can" to put into my shorts. Many times that was enough to trigger a sweat attack when I realized the can wasn't there.

I tried chewing gum, but my jaw kept getting sore. I tried shredded beef jerky that I spotted in a convenience store (it was horrible).

I have been using sunflower seeds, but I am having issues with the continual exposure of my lips and gums to salt as well as the sharps edges of the shells.

I will soon celebrate my 5 month anniversary and feel I have it beat. Now, if I can just catch the sow of a lifetime.......

MJ
AGBQ84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
oscar lester

oscar lester is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
start sharing it!
oscar lester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2007, 03:55 PM   #7
Chunkn' Charlie
Registered Users-pm+

Chunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to PirateChunkn' Charlie has been promoted to Pirate
The price was enough for me.
Chunkn' Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 09:39 AM   #8
jighed
Registered Users-pm+

jighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Piratejighed has been promoted to Pirate
I did skoal and cope for 27 yrs. There is mo easy method, like surfrunner said "grit your teeth and say no". I chewed the strongest wintergreen gum I could find, Trident. The urges hit me while mowing, drinking, typing on the internet and breathing. They do become less frequent and tolerable and with willpower you can quit. I am at 108 days dipless now and seeing my buds with it does not bother me. I have noticed that that stuff stinks. I can smell it in there truck, office, house etc...
Good luck we look forward to seeing you on the rollcall.
jighed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
Indo China

Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Indo China is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I used the shredded mint snuff and sunflower seeds I cant be around snuff cause I want it bad. I recently quit smoking a few months ago and I have to keep a pack at home and at work as I long as I know I have them I dont want one. I get rid of the packs i want smokes just the way I handled things.
Indo China is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
matagordamudskipper
Registered Users-pm+

matagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Piratematagordamudskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Im only 16 and took my first dip when I was 13. I started to dip alot when i was a freshman and now im a junior, i contunied to dip until last Sunday. My girl friend wanted me to quit and I had been talking about quitting for awhile, but i kept on buying cans until I just said fu^% it and bought gum insted. Intead of dipping 1 can a day I chew 2 packs of gum a day. Ive had some cravings for a dip but like yall said i jsut grited my teeth and said no and started to chem my gum. Even when I was hunting I dident even crave it and my friends had dip in they would even rub it in and say '' dont you want one'' id just say no I have my gum.
matagordamudskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message