Boomvang - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 01-12-2020, 11:01 PM   #11
trout_sniper
Registered Users-pm+

trout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Piratetrout_sniper has been promoted to Pirate
There is a second floater being installed next to Perdido though, should be operating end of 2022 is what I was told recently.
trout_sniper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2020, 10:22 AM   #12
SturgeonGeneral
Registered Users-pm+

SturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by trout_sniper View Post
There is a second floater being installed next to Perdido though, should be operating end of 2022 is what I was told recently.
That unfortunately does not benefit the bulk of the upper coast fleet though, as Perdido is already out of range for most boats out of Sabine, Galveston, Freeport, and Matagorda.
SturgeonGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2020, 10:51 PM   #13
elgatogus
Registered Users-pm+

elgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirateelgatogus has been promoted to Pirate
I guess I’m gonna have to sell all my boats and just give up on fishing, .. if it’s not one thing... it’s another... Taking up golf I guess.... :”(
elgatogus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2020, 11:15 PM   #14
Capt_Gilligan
Registered Users-pm+

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturgeonGeneral View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Gilligan View Post
Uhhh, what's going on with Cerveza?
I think he just meant that he hadn't gotten his newest boat out as far as Cerveza yet, let alone the floaters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperman View Post
Are you sure it wasn't Nancen mentioned for removal?
I had also heard from a buddy working on both Boomvang and Nancen last spring that Nancen would be on the chopping block first, but ultimately both would be decommissioned sequentially...

Sad news all around for the Texas fleet.
That's going to hurt the upper coast marinas bad! I bet 40% of the bluewater boats move South or east now.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2020, 06:58 AM   #15
marlin lane
Registered Users-pm+

marlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Riggermarlin lane has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I believe there are many more boats fishing the bays, close in rigs and the rigs about 60-80 miles out - the most boats that I have ever seen at a floater at one time is about 10-it does hurt and does take away a target of opportunity-very sorry to see it/them go
marlin lane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #16
Day0ne
Registered Users-pm+

Day0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to PirateDay0ne has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin lane View Post
I believe there are many more boats fishing the bays, close in rigs and the rigs about 60-80 miles out - the most boats that I have ever seen at a floater at one time is about 10-it does hurt and does take away a target of opportunity-very sorry to see it/them go
The key phrase in the above post is "bluewater boats". Bay and nearshore boats don't count.
Day0ne is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 10:41 AM   #17
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
I wonder if this will push any tuna to the Flower Gardens?
photofishin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 11:33 AM   #18
SturgeonGeneral
Registered Users-pm+

SturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
It's really too bad that there's no initiative with the TPWD artificial reef program to have the spars stripped bare and left anchored in place as FADs like they install off of Costa Rica. I suppose no funds anywhere to support the maintenance of something like that, but that would be awesome.
SturgeonGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2020, 09:26 PM   #19
fishinguy
Registered Users-pm+

fishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Piratefishinguy has been promoted to Pirate
Wow, that is really going to sting. Barely any snapper or amberjack, now pretty much removing the yellowfin. That really stinks.
fishinguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2020, 08:57 AM   #20
awesum
Registered Users-pm+

awesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirateawesum has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by photofishin View Post
I wonder if this will push any tuna to the Flower Gardens?
Maybe. but as a friend f mine said .... look for more YFT behind the shrimp boats working deep. My personal best YFT came from a shrimp boat 52 miles SE of Port A. 125 lbs. A 187 was caught that day too.
awesum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message