Will The Restaurant Cook Our bait? [VIDEO] - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Gulf Coast Surf Fishing Message Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
StanleyOrchard
Registered Users-pm+

StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Hairout Will The Restaurant Cook Our bait? [VIDEO]

Come see what restaurant gets unlucky enough to be tasked with the goal of cooking our bait and how well they do!

And have you ever cooked your bait after a mediocre trip?

https://youtu.be/uzaIJqUA7ig
StanleyOrchard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2019, 09:35 PM   #2
hunterjck
Registered Users-pm+

hunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Piratehunterjck has been promoted to Pirate
Dine on Bait

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyOrchard View Post
Come see what restaurant gets unlucky enough to be tasked with the goal of cooking our bait and how well they do!

And have you ever cooked your bait after a mediocre trip?

https://youtu.be/uzaIJqUA7ig
I buy eating shrimp (wild caught Gulf shrimp) for bait. I eat what is not used.
hunterjck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2019, 11:08 AM   #3
StanleyOrchard
Registered Users-pm+

StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)StanleyOrchard has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjck View Post
We use live shrimp a lot, and that is what we were using on this trip. But if I am going to use dead shrimp I will buy the frozen stuff from the grocery store. Totally agree that is a smart move, and one that not many people think about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #4
StanleyOrchard
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjck View Post
I like using live shrimp... but if I am out looking for pompano or even Redfish in the surf I will use dead shrimp and when I do I pick up the good eating stuff from the grocery store. It's just better, and that is an often overlooked choice of bait.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:30 PM   #5
Bird
No fish in West Bay

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
I don't use bait but I will get some when my Dad comes down every so often. Some years ago my folks came down to stay the weekend and fish. I got a quart of live shrimp and dropped in the livewell. Fishing was really, really slow and we had a bunch of live shrimp left over. The next morning I got up early, got the shrimp from the livewell, boiled and seasoned them, made coffee and then shrimp omelettes for breakfast. My parents still talk about how good breakfast was which I am thankful for since the fishing was really bad.
Bird is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2019, 03:35 PM   #6
StanleyOrchard
Registered Users-pm+

I have had similar days and man it doesn't get any more fresh than that. We were being too lazy to cook it ourselves, and the restaurant agreed to cooking up our bait well before we ever showed up so we thought we would have some fun with it. The thing is the bait we use down here is so fresh that there is absolutely nothing wrong with cooking it. I've even taken to cooking up menhaden and the perch down here make a great chowder.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:43 PM   #7
mlemmond
Registered Users-pm+

mlemmond is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
wish I could find bait shrimp that were big enough to fry up
mlemmond is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2019, 10:20 AM   #8
StanleyOrchard
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlemmond View Post
wish I could find bait shrimp that were big enough to fry up
Me too lol... these guys weren't terrible, but they definitely weren't that big!
Old 01-06-2020, 07:43 AM   #9
LaddH
Registered Users-pm+

LaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to PirateLaddH has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyOrchard View Post
I have had similar days and man it doesn't get any more fresh than that. We were being too lazy to cook it ourselves, and the restaurant agreed to cooking up our bait well before we ever showed up so we thought we would have some fun with it. The thing is the bait we use down here is so fresh that there is absolutely nothing wrong with cooking it. I've even taken to cooking up menhaden and the perch down here make a great chowder.

Are you talking about the gulf menhaden aka pogies? If so you are one tough son of a gun. That has to be the nastiest smelling , slimiest, mushiest fish in the ocean. Good on you for not letting anything go to waste but count me out.
LaddH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #10
StanleyOrchard
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaddH View Post
Are you talking about the gulf menhaden aka pogies? If so you are one tough son of a gun. That has to be the nastiest smelling , slimiest, mushiest fish in the ocean. Good on you for not letting anything go to waste but count me out.

lol yeah... yeah that's what I'm talking about. And yeah, they were rough. Had fun with it though, and I do not like letting things go to waste. it is my goal in life to find ways to prepare this sort of stuff to avoid pressure on the more popular species and put dinner on the plate regardless of fishing quality. We will see how that turns out.