The Man, The Myth, The Legend - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #1
Nwilkins
PGA Member

Nwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to PirateNwilkins has been promoted to Pirate
The Man, The Myth, The Legend

Just finished Rudy Grigar's book, Plugger, Wade Fishing the Gulf Coast

The ultimate purist, claimed to have waded over four thousand miles.

Great read, just curious, how many twocoolers have read this book? Or better yet, fished with this legend?
Nwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
KYLE
Registered Users-pm+

KYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerKYLE has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I READ IT TWICE, GREAT BOOK
KYLE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 12:40 PM   #3
wading_fool
Ankle Deep Custom Rods

wading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Piratewading_fool has been promoted to Pirate
Read it, great book......
wading_fool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Ol School
Registered Users-pm+

Ol School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to PirateOl School has been promoted to Pirate
Very good read. Definitely a legend.
Ol School is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Tortuga
El Viejo

Tortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to PirateTortuga has been promoted to Pirate
Read it a couple of times.. My old fishing buddy, George, fished with Rudy in the SLP surf many times prolly 40 or 50 years ago... Said he was one helluva fisherman...but could be a little 'difficult', personality-wise...

(Knowing George....that meant that he was one mean sumbitch.lol)
Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
no2steel
Registered Users-pm+

no2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Riggerno2steel has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Read it twice and I need to break out again!
no2steel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
daddyhoney
Registered Users-pm+

daddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Piratedaddyhoney has been promoted to Pirate
After I read it I went to my tackel box and removed all of the treble hooks and put on all singles like he said to do. A bit of work but I don't think it impacted my hook up rate in a negative way. I did start using spoons more frequently and put about two inches of light wire leader to prevent Spanish Mac cutoffs like he said. The guy was a heavy hitter in the bay and told it like it was. A good read. daddyhoney
daddyhoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
Red3Fish
Registered Users-pm+

Red3Fish has disabled reputation
I read it....

We used to fish behind the pass in the late 50's, and early in the mornings, when we were just wading in, ole Rudy would be loading huge stringers of trout in his ole wooden boat he kept behind St Louie Pass. Used to be a fishing cabin down there called Galcerans. He did a lot of fishing at night. About the time we started fishing, he would be getting in his boat after fishing all night. Yyou could smell the coffee drifting across the flat as he was brewing it in that ole wooden boat, early in the mornings.

He came "to the light" of conservation, like he preached in his book, kinda late in his life LOL, he used to take those trout to Houston and sell them for at least several years. I had a great uncle that ran Garden Villas Meat Market, ole Rudy was a regular supplier of his! LOL Of course we were too! $.50 a pound gutted and gilled...heads on, didn't even have to scale them! I was a young teenager then, but I thought I knew what I wanted to be when I grew up! LOL

He was pretty crusty, and not what you would call overly friendly! He did give me a spoon painted black, and said use it at night..I believe it was a Tony Acceta #5....this was before sprites. The limit then was 20 trout, but I have seen ole Rudy load twice that many on a stringer in his boat. Took 3 or 4 lifts to get the whole stringer in the boat. There was no market for redfish then....no body would buy them...I dont even think there was a limit on them then....if we caught one would turn it loose. We did cuss him a few times....about daylight he would gill and gut his trout, put them on ice, and have a whole herd of sharks over that end of the flat. We were kinda regulars there, and after seeing us for a while, he would drink his coffee take a nap, and wait till later to clean them, when we were nearly through fishing.

Anyway, NO DENYING IT...that old fort could catch some trout!

Later,
R3F

Last edited by Red3Fish; 05-25-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Red3Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 03:18 PM   #9
capt. david
Registered Users-pm+

capt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Piratecapt. david has been promoted to Pirate
hey ya'll it is san luis pass not st. louie pass!
capt. david is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #10
Red3Fish
Registered Users-pm+

Red3Fish has disabled reputation
Haha, Capt Dave,

I know it....we used to fish with an old guy that called it that, and kinda stuck in my mind. Everybody in our fishing group knew where you were talking about when you said St Louie Pass and pretty soon all of us were calling it that!! LOL

Later
R3F
Red3Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message