PR Knot - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Jigging & Popping Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2010, 10:15 PM   #11
txcards
Registered Users-pm+

txcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Piratetxcards has been promoted to Pirate
80-130 lb leader. I'll help you with is this weekend. Should be fun!
txcards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
Jbahr
Registered Users-pm+

Jbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to Pirate
Roger, Roger. I am very pumped! Can't wait to pick a fight with a Venice Monster!
Jbahr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #13
Toledo
Registered Users-pm+

Toledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to PirateToledo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbahr View Post
What leader do yall recommend?

I have a 1800 Sargosa with a 8 ft custom casting rod. The sargosa is spooled with 65 suffix braid. I will be casting Shibukis and poppers in Venice. I know the PR knot and I have put a 125 pound shock leader on but it seems too thick and will not straighten out.

Would like to know what pound test yall recommend and what knot you suggest on the terminal end.

Thanks
Most foks are using 80lb mono leader and a uni for terminal connection. I like a palomar for terminal if the line is limp enough to get it to seat well.
Toledo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2010, 02:09 PM   #14
ksong

ksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirate
I just got this picture from Jigging Master.
It looks there are parts for PR bobbins. Can you figure out ?
There is no explanation. I am going to ask them how to use them or how to attach to regular bobbins.

ksong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 07:57 PM   #15
Jbahr
Registered Users-pm+

Jbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to PirateJbahr has been promoted to Pirate
The bottom item is the spool assembled. The top four items is the spool disassembled. Looks like there is a weight that goes inside the spool. The O-ring is probably to keep the screwed in end from freezing to the spool. Your bobbin attaches just like normal.
Jbahr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #16
ksong

ksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirateksong has been promoted to Pirate
I posted it on the other site and the responses are same.
It looks it has weight function, but not tension function.

I saw your problem of PR knot. PR knot has lowest profile and you shouldn't have any problem to go through guides even you use 130 lbs leader.
You might make PR knot too long or use too long leader line.
The length of leader line is long enough if you can touch mono instead of braid when you hold the line with your finger before casting.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 AM   #17
Charlie2
Registered Users-pm+

Charlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to PirateCharlie2 has been promoted to Pirate
PR Knot

The knot looks pretty cool but I want to use it for a shockleader when surf fishing.

That 'blob' made in the end of the mono with a lighter bothers me. Something to catch on the guides when casting.

Is there any way to smooth that some with your fingers while still pliable?

Requires a little more work, but like I said previously, I like it..

Another question?? Has anyone tried some kind of sealant over the completed knot? C2
Charlie2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #18
ksong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie2 View Post
The knot looks pretty cool but I want to use it for a shockleader when surf fishing.

That 'blob' made in the end of the mono with a lighter bothers me. Something to catch on the guides when casting.

Is there any way to smooth that some with your fingers while still pliable?

Requires a little more work, but like I said previously, I like it..

Another question?? Has anyone tried some kind of sealant over the completed knot? C2
The 'blob' in the end of the mono is not necessary.
You rarely feel any resistance when the knot pass through guides.
I apply Zap CA glue for extra security.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
barefootin
Registered Users-pm+

barefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Matebarefootin has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
I beleive that a well tied uni-uni is good up to 60# Seaguar and I melt the tags on that not also. I don't much trust it for 80+.
I may try the PR knot if I get the chance to target Tuna again and the cost of bobbins falls to a realistic price.
I just don't see the need for these heavier leaders with a reel that maxes out at 25# drag, even for bottom fishing.
barefootin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message