Redfish on the flats - Tops and Plastics - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Individual Fishing & Game Reports
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2019, 04:03 PM   #1
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Redfish on the flats - Tops and Plastics

Had a fun day before the rain hit in Port Aransas. Ended up catching about 5 reds and a couple tailing black drum on various baits. Lot's of topwater action, lots of blowups as well.

it was pretty much spook jr. and TroutSupport GrassWalker. Caught the bigger fish with the Grasswalker. Had more hits but smaller fish on the spook. Speckled Trout version spook jr. has always been good to me on the flats. GrassWalker was Coastal Gold. Good to see some reds up on the flats. I should have some video of some tailers but go pro footage is almost always too small to see that stuff clearly. I did put together a cool educational clip for the new section of my website where I'm providing one on one teaching and instruction. Lost the 3rd keeper at my feet. LOL. Oh well, that's fishing. Biggest red was 27"... good fish.

Saw a lot of action from rays, saw tailing redfish, and tailing drum as well. It wasn't off the charts but not bad for a walk in wade for sure.
Attached Images