2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Wow! What a day with the Blue Cats!

3K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  tbone2374 
#1 ·
Went out yesterday morning, hunting the Blue Cats with Garry (texas gg) and his Dad, Robert. Call it beginners luck, I caught a 47 lb. 32 lb. 28 lb. 26 lb. and 23 lb. Blue Cats. Unbelievable day of fishing on Lake Conroe. Thanks Garry, for all the coaching and learning techniques. We also caught others 5 to 8 lbs. for a total of 18. Nice weather day and unbelievable day fishing!!! I'll never have another day as good, fishing for the mighty Blue!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Tbone I don't think you need anymore info on "how to drift for blues" . Gary knows his stuff for sure !!! Hands on is the best way to learn . What kind of scales does he use ? Does he have a digital that will read over 50 pounds ? You really need to have 100 pound scales on the boat for Conroe .

What I liked best about the water temp now is that the blues are still so active and full of energy and fight . I am sure that you had the time of your life pulling them in on a spinning rig ! (a little different than those white bass ! ) lol

You should think about doing video on your camera . We have sure enjoyed watching some of our old catches . You can also use programs like picaso and freeze the video and snap shot pics out of it .

#7 ·
Tbone I don't think you need anymore info on "how to drift for blues" . Gary knows his stuff for sure !!! Hands on is the best way to learn . What kind of scales does he use ? Does he have a digital that will read over 50 pounds ? You really need to have 100 pound scales on the boat for Conroe .

What I liked best about the water temp now is that the blues are still so active and full of energy and fight . I am sure that you had the time of your life pulling them in on a spinning rig ! (a little different than those white bass ! ) lol

You should think about doing video on your camera . We have sure enjoyed watching some of our old catches . You can also use programs like picaso and freeze the video and snap shot pics out of it .
****** Thanks Jeff for your support. It was a kick pulling 'em in on light tackle. Garry is my witness, the fish seemed to know I was the rookie in the boat It would have been tough to video, as I was laughing too hard, and I was the one with the fish on all the time. I caught all the big fish of the day! His scale is the biggest digital I've seen, and think it goes to 100 lbs. (Berkley) YES, very much different than White Bass! LOL

#9 ·
Very nice day on the water! Cant ask for better than that! Unfourtanetly Im not as skilled with a baitcaster so spinning will have to get the job done for me too. Ive stoked up on some heavy R&R though that should handle the job. Catching fish like that is addicting...I find myself saying ok only 10 more casts, then ok only 10 more casts and many hours pass by doing that. It makes you want to be out on the lake everyday, and it never gets old because each trip on the water and each fight is different. WTG !

#16 ·
Tbone, looks like you and the Smithville boys had a great day. You got to watch that Robert, he will catch your fish if you turn your head. Great day

Weldon Kirk
******* Yeah, Robert might be a sneaky one... @ 78 he gets around better than i do!! He's sorta laid back with his "wine cork " fishing float, and his "wheel weight" sinker, but he catches fish! He did give me a couple of looks with all the fish I was catching, LOL As for Garry, I just may have met up with the "Catfish Whisperer" LOL Maybe he speaks their language1 I did notice him imitating one of those big cats, so maybe they know him on a first name basis. No offense to any of ya'll other anglers, or guides! Jackie, he spoke especially highly of you, as well as others. Thanks again Garry, and the pic you requested will get mailed tomorrow. TB:bounce:

#12 ·
Tbone, you guys really caught em, I know that had to be a blast. Looks like Gary and Robert really know thieir stuff. Glad you guys had a good day on the water, congrats. In my opinion that is the best and fastest way to learn a new technique is hands on and looks as if you had plenty of hands on.

Might go over to Conroe on Thursday. One of the guys at work is on vacation and he doesn't get to fish much and doesn't have a boat. I told him that while he was off I would try to take him. BTW I need to test drive my super jugs before Rayburn.

Nice goin, Joe

#14 ·
Weldon your right....my Dad is 78 years old and ohhh you should hear him complain about can't get around hardly anymore and this and that but let a rod bend over to the water.... He is like a one man roller derby team in the boat...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.