2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

San Luis Pass Kayak Fishing Report - Feb 20

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  pudsquali 
#1 ·
Greetings Fishermen,

My neighbor Bob who lives near me here on the West End of Galveston Island has been talking up his fishing spot near his home so we got out on Saturday morning about 8AM for a three hour fishing trip. Instead of using kayaks (our normal method of attack) we decided it would fun just to wade in and fish.

Upon arrival at the wade in location we were amazed at what we saw. There were at least 20 wade fisherman and five kayakers out fishing the general area. This is a wide open part of the Bay so it was no problem with the fishing pressure with lots of room for fishermen to spread out. Still it was a bit of a shocker to the system.

We started out by wading about 500 yards from shore and got to Bob’s fishing spot. After that we did not even really have to move - this was the fishing zone...

Working our soft plastics (Chicken on a Chain) we started getting immediate hits. My first fish was a Rat Red. A few more casts and I caught three more Rats. Finally, I hooked a 22 inch Red. After that the bite started to really turn on and I finished out my limit of Reds. I also caught two nice Flounders and a decent Spec. Needless to say, Bob’s spot was impressive and I plan to fish there again soon.

At San Luis Pass Kayak we make it easy for you to get out and experience kayak fishing in one of the number one rated fishing areas on the Texas coast â€" fishing the San Luis Pass area.

Our Guided Kayak Fishing Trips include a fully outfitted fishing kayak ideal for drifting the flats and hooking up with Redfish, Spotted Sea Trout, Flounder and a variety of other saltwater species.

Whether you’re an accomplished angler or a novice to the sport, our experienced Kayak Fishing Instructors will teach you how to fish the flats safely and effectively while on a kayak so you can experience successful kayak fishing from the start.

Five Hour Kayak Fishing Charter
Private charter for one - $200
Private charter for two - $300
Additional person $50
***Does not include fishing Rod & Reels. Rentals available for $35 each.

For those who prefer to blaze their own trail and explore the San Luis Pass and Christmas Bay waters we offer Kayak Rentals. We provide "best in class" sit on top kayaks from Ocean Kayak (13 Foot) and other leading kayak manufacturers to ensure a safe and productive fishing experience.

Fishing Kayak Rentals
1 Person Full-Day Rental $55

Our Kayak Rental Service includes free kayak pick-up and delivery. We can also shuttle you and your kayak to the various kayak launch spots near the Pass and Christmas Bay area.

Give us a call to check availability. We live 5 minutes from the Pass so are right on the spot and can hook you up with anything you need to have an awesome kayak fishing experience.

Tight lines,

Steve Buechner, Kayak Fishing Guide
www.sanluispasskayak.com
Kayak Rentals / Fishing Charters - Call (281)684-3853
:fish:

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.