2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

tuna build for ""avet reel "

978 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BILLYSTIX CUSTOM RODS 
#1 ·
just today completed this 6 ft #50-#80 spiral tuna stand up rod , turbo guides used a total of 7 guides ,i used 1 guide more than was necessary but customer wanted to be able to handle what ever came along .
stainless aluminum reel seat with matching gimble , he is going to place on this billystix custom spiral the red ,white blue avet reel.
the reel has more blue on one side & red & white on the other side so i tried to match that with the wraps .
had to do a bit of creative thinking on the flag as well as the texas logo .
hope ya like this one bro's .
stix
https://www.facebook.com/billy.mcdaniel.96

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice job! What does it typically cost to build your own rod? I know it depends on what materials you are putting on it, but say compared to going to a store and buying a $300 rod, you build the same rod, using the same blanks they use and materials, can you save a bunch of money or is it close to the same price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
hans
really that is a good question if you bought this rod you could get the same basic rod but you would not get the xtra that goes in the custom , if you built the rod it would cost about the same unless you all ready have every thing in stock to perform a rod build .
in other words you are going to invest several hundred dollars to get set up, but believe me it never ends example i have well over 900 spools of wrapping thread then there are just more & more other components just sitting waiting to be used ,so i think the answer is have some one build you a nice custom rather than trying to do it your self ,but if you are willing to invest the $$ & can invest the long hrs it's a great thing to learn but trust me when i say it's a 7-24 thing ,i never have a free second lol i have to tear me away from what i do .:rotfl: but then again this is just me .
stix

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.