WoW! have yall checked out the Fish Consumption bans lately? - Page 5 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 06-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #41
atcfisherman
Saved by the Grace of God

atcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma's Worry View Post
so from now on it's catch and re-lease only ......
It doesn't have to be. People need to start demanding accountability towards companies that pollute, not just a simple $ fine. They must clean up their pollution and upper management/CEO help responsible. Simple as that.
atcfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2019, 07:18 PM   #42
gater
Gater

gater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirategater has been promoted to Pirate
Accountability

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcfisherman View Post
It doesn't have to be. People need to start demanding accountability towards companies that pollute, not just a simple $ fine. They must clean up their pollution and upper management/CEO help responsible. Simple as that.
***** happens, you want to put people in jail because of accident, that will definitely stop them from ever happening again.
gater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019, 08:05 PM   #43
FloridaFishinFool
Registered Users-pm+

FloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFloridaFishinFool has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
The problem is not always corporations. They are part of the problem, but in the real world it is the human population itself and the increasing waste of an increasing population that is the worst pollution offenders on this planet.

Scientists have now proven that 60% of the pollution found in Florida waters comes from human septic waste. 60%. And it is from this waste that is causing the algae blooms, and from those comes the BMAA that can not be removed from the water by normal water treatment facilities. BMAA passes right on through to every faucet in every house online. Even the wells are now becoming contaminated.

The ONLY solution to this growing problem is an immediate reversal of the population increase. Rather than increase human numbers, our only solution and salvation is a reduction of the human population numbers.

Industry pollution is directly related to population increase.

It seems we are humans stampeding ourselves over a cliff and only once we go over will the real heavy lifting in problem solving be paramount while today it is largely still ignored.

Shame here in Florida I have to study maps of water flow that carries with it the toxic waste I have to avoid when I consider where to take my boat and fish.

Do I want to go into Florida's toilet bowl Lake Okeechobee, or avoid the worst concentration of human waste in Florida and head to our only clean waters left that are spring fed? Fortunately I live in the middle of our best spring waters so the choice is clear for me and my boys... Shame the future they will have here with increasing human population numbers making it worse every day and every year.

They say 1,000 people a day move into Florida. With numbers like this there is no solution in sight. We are poisoning ourselves and ignoring it to a large degree. I can not do that any longer.

Even the BassMaster Elite on the St. Johns River launches their boats and tournament just South of the major polluters of that river so they too can avoid the toxic waters here.

Where do you want to fish today boys? Head into the sewers, or try and find clean water today? These are our choices these days...

I will never fish Okeechobee again. And for those who do, the heaviest concentration of nutrient loading comes down the Kissimmee River from central Florida. Before 2018 it averaged 558 metric tons per year dumped into that lake. In 2018 it set a record with 1,040 metric tons... and with 60% coming from human waste, and with 1,000 a day moving into Florida... guess what? Okeechobee is turning into Florida's most toxic sewage dumping ground and best to avoid it until this problem is solved.
FloridaFishinFool is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message