Limestone Tournament results - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > The Catfish Lounge
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
texasGG
Reelrednecks Fishing Team

texasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to PiratetexasGG has been promoted to Pirate
Limestone Tournament results

Well I believe in reporting the good the bad and the ugly, so here it is. It sucked to be us, the "Reel Rednecks" fishing team. We got there on Friday to look around. We were not in my boat since me and a stump had a slight encounter on Conroe and I am now the proud owner of a motor with a bent prop shaft, but thats another story. It started sleeting on us and the temp. continued to drop. It felt like someone shooting us in the face with a B-B gun but we stayed out there, looking back I don't know why. We rode around and found a lot of fish hanging along a ledge so figured we would target them the next day. Frozen but thinking all is well we went in for the evening. Woke up the next morning at 4:00am to find the boat frozen over with a layer of ice about 1/4 inch thick. Wind was blowing with a wind chill about 20 degrees. Go out to "our spot" in the dark and wait until 7:00am to put our lines in the water. I'm watching our graph and not seeing many fish... We are fishing in my fishing partners new boat with his I-pilot that is all new to him. So here we go, I hear..... "I think I'm supposed to push this button". That's really not something you want to hear while fishing a tournament. So we went left, then right, then stopped and repeated that not necessarily in that order for the next hour. And then a blessing....the batteries died. We are two hours into a 8 hour tournament when, the rain started. So we will just throw out some drift socks and drift for a while. So we started to drift .4 mph, then .3 mph, then .2 mph and finally stayed at .1 to .2 mph, thats not real good when you are "Drift Fishing". The only saving grace the wind chill wasn't to bad, on the other hand we sat in the rain with a temp. around 34 degrees the rest of the day. We did catch the only retard fish in the lake around 2:00pm to come in next to last in a 26 team tournament with a total of one fish weighing 8 something pounds. We suffered the walk of shame as we carried our ONE fish in to the weigh station, loaded up and came home. But it was a good time with friends otherwise....
texasGG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 12:41 PM   #2
thedudeabides
Registered Users-pm+

thedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunnerthedudeabides has been promote to Gunner
Chin up guys! Luck will turn soon enough.
thedudeabides is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
dbullard1
Slime on the line

dbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Piratedbullard1 has been promoted to Pirate
That’s tournament fishing you got to fish the conditions you are dealt.
Glad you survived and didn’t get skunked.
dbullard1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #4
shadslinger

shadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirateshadslinger has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds like fishing alright. I have to say I am impressed with Reel Redneck's ability to handle tough conditions.
shadslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #5
Sugars Pop
Registered Users-pm+

Sugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to Pirate
TexasGG,
I saw one boat in our cove and they did not hang around very long. I was cold on the front porch out of the wind with long johns on Saturday making a Jenga game for our Bar on the Hill.
Weather was miserable from Friday P.M. until we came home yesterday about 12:30. Haven't had a decent weekend at Limestone in months. Come on Spring.
Sugars Pop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message