01 Z71 issues - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

shallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
01 Z71 issues

Recently my service engine soon light has randomly been coming on and staying on for awhile, and then eventually turning off. What I have been experiencing is while I'm driving, either at low speeds or on the highway, my truck will kind of hesitate, to where I feel a slight bump out of nowhere. It will do that sporadically but it's not when the vehicle is shifting so I don't think it's a transmission issue. I was thinking it's something more along the lines of a timing issue. Also, when I first start my truck in the morning and back it out of the driveway, once I put it in gear the truck sputters like it wants to die and once I give it some gas and start going it's fine. I just had the fuel pump replaced recently so I'm not too sure what that problem could be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
shallowsport702 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2008, 10:50 PM   #2
Jeepmanmike
Registered Users-pm+

Jeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of RiggerJeepmanmike has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Next time it comes on get to the closest autozone or whatever auto parts place you go to. Go inside and ask to use there diagnostic computer, the plug should be under your dash on the left side, it will run the codes and tell you what is going on. I had a check engine light come on in my 4runner a couple weeks ago did the same thing went to autozone turned out to be a O2 sensor.
Jeepmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 11:18 PM   #3
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

shallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepmanmike View Post
Next time it comes on get to the closest autozone or whatever auto parts place you go to. Go inside and ask to use there diagnostic computer, the plug should be under your dash on the left side, it will run the codes and tell you what is going on. I had a check engine light come on in my 4runner a couple weeks ago did the same thing went to autozone turned out to be a O2 sensor.
I've tried taking it to autozone when it comes on, but when they plug it in nothing happens, their machine they use doesn't light up like they say it should, and they always end up telling me something is wrong with my computer port. I don't think that's the case because the dealership has no problem reading the codes, I just don't wanna pay $80 to pay them to do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2008, 06:22 AM   #4
6.5 shooter dude
Registered Users-pm+

6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate6.5 shooter dude has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by shallowsport702 View Post
I've tried taking it to autozone when it comes on, but when they plug it in nothing happens, their machine they use doesn't light up like they say it should, and they always end up telling me something is wrong with my computer port. I don't think that's the case because the dealership has no problem reading the codes, I just don't wanna pay $80 to pay them to do it.
Chances are you have a blown fuse, change out the fuse and go back to autozone and get codes pulled, and than report the codes on here do not buy anything from them at that point.
6.5 shooter dude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #5
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jay Baker View Post
Chances are you have a blown fuse, change out the fuse and go back to autozone and get codes pulled, and than report the codes on here do not buy anything from them at that point.
Where would the fuse be located and which fuse would it be?? Would it be the PCM fuse?
Old 11-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Jay Baker View Post
Found it, the CIGAR fuse was blown..I'll take it back and post what codes come up, thanks again Jay.

p.s. You ever sell your Harley? I went over and checked it out, my name is Rick, I was driving the white Z71 (which is the subject of this post)
Old 11-28-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
gulfcoastpunk

gulfcoastpunk is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I woud go with either fuel pressure regulator or intake gasket leak
gulfcoastpunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2008, 08:50 PM   #8
Critter Catcher
Gettin' Bent

Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
As far as the stuttering issue goes on cold starts, try cleaning the throttle body. These vehicles are notorious for erratic idle due to a dirty throttle body. Once you get the codes post them and we'll go from there on the other.
Critter Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

Now that I've replaced the fuse to be able to get codes from the computer port, I can't get the dang Service Engine Soon light to come on!!! I know, how convienient..It's still doing the bump/hesitation while on the highway, but what I wanted to know was, if I take it to autozone and plug in their tool, will it give the last codes that have come up, or does the S.E.S. light have to be on when they plug it in. I've heard yes and no, yes from the autozone guy who kinda sounded lazy like he didn't wanna go outside and plug it in, and no from a mechanic who I happened to help out at my job. Once again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
Critter Catcher
Gettin' Bent

Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
It is very possible that it will story it in HISTORY codes. The only way to tell is to plug it in.
Critter Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message