When to pick lemons? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2015, 09:33 PM   #1
Tail_Pincher
Registered Users-pm+

Tail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to PirateTail_Pincher has been promoted to Pirate
Question When to pick lemons?

First year with a fruit tree so kind of a dumb question, but when do I pick these things? Anyone got some kind of rule of thumb or tips/suggestions?
Tail_Pincher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 10:04 PM   #2
stammster
Registered Users-pm+

stammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Pirate
Mine are ready mid dec to early January. Meyer lemons. Just look at them, when they go from yellowish green to dark yellow and appear to shrink a little, they are juicy ready. If in doubt, sample a few.
stammster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2015, 07:20 AM   #3
peckerwood
Registered Users-pm+

peckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Pirate
I was in Rockport last week,and it sure looked like there's a good crop of lemons this year.
peckerwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2015, 12:28 PM   #4
Sugars Pop
Registered Users-pm+

Sugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to PirateSugars Pop has been promoted to Pirate
I use the sqeeze test for my oranges and lemons. When they are firm let them stay. Looks like my oranges need about one more month to start getting a little soft and juicy. Like picking vine ripe tomatoes so the longer you can leave them the better they get.
Sugars Pop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
stammster
Registered Users-pm+

stammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Pirate
Pick them now!
stammster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2016, 06:10 AM   #6
old 37
Registered Users-pm+

old 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirateold 37 has been promoted to Pirate
December always seems the right time for my Meyers. I have three trees and they were loaded this year.
old 37 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 AM   #7
buckweet
Registered Users-pm+

buckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Piratebuckweet has been promoted to Pirate
Trimming

All fruit is off picked
Is it ok to trim citrus now ?

Want to leave top alone but low branches did hang bit low when fruit was heavy
buckweet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2016, 07:17 AM   #8
iamatt
Work to fish

iamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirateiamatt has been promoted to Pirate
Decemberish. We used to have a tree at our old place, hated it. Thorns and would produce huge ammunts of mediocre tasting lemons. Would fall on the ground and get nasty and also had a pus asp fall down my shirt from that dang tree once too.

What do you guys do with all of those meyers? They were never sour enough for my liking so didn't know what to do with them. Plenty juicy but could do with or without them.
iamatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2016, 08:49 AM   #9
BSchulte
Registered Users-pm+

BSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerBSchulte has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
The longer you let them hang, the better. My improved meyers are still slightly green. More hangtime leads to better tasting and sweeter fruit.
BSchulte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2016, 10:47 PM   #10
Ready.Fire.Aim
Registered Users-pm+

Location: Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
Ready.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to PirateReady.Fire.Aim has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamatt View Post
Decemberish. We used to have a tree at our old place, hated it. Thorns and would produce huge ammunts of mediocre tasting lemons. Would fall on the ground and get nasty and also had a pus asp fall down my shirt from that dang tree once too.

What do you guys do with all of those meyers? They were never sour enough for my liking so didn't know what to do with them. Plenty juicy but could do with or without them.

Freeze juice, makes great lemonade.

Also my favorite lemon pie is made from Meyer lemon juice.
Ready.Fire.Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message