01 Z71 issues - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #21
BROWN
Registered Users-pm+

BROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  BuccaneerBROWN has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shallowsport702 View Post
Fisherdude, I changed plugs about a month and a half ago. I actually swung by autozone today after work and asked the guy to plug in the diagnostic tool for me, which he didn't really care to do since the service engine soon light was not on at the moment, but tried anyway, and sure enough it threw out the lean bank 1 and lean bank 2 codes, or something along those lines( I didn't get a chance to write down the codes). The guy said that when it's just one of the codes I mentioned, it's the O2 sensor, but when it's both the codes I mentioned, it's mass air flow sensor. Does this sound right? I hate to spend $140 on a mass air flow sensor when that's not the problem. Thanks again.
You should be able to get an actual code off of the reader. Once you get the code you can find a website that will tell you what it means. Like this site. http://www.aa1car.com/trouble-codes/codes_699.htm
BROWN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 11:21 PM   #22
Critter Catcher
Gettin' Bent

Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Sell it to me. I'll take that POS off of your hands.
Critter Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #23
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

shallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter Catcher View Post
Sell it to me. I'll take that POS off of your hands.
Easy there critter, me and this ol' gal have been through alot. She's taken care of me for about 100,000 miles so far and is beautiful inside and out, but I will say, she's being a bit of a ****** right now. Once we get this minor issue taken care of, she'll be as good as new again.
shallowsport702 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #24
Critter Catcher
Gettin' Bent

Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Critter Catcher has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I was just messin' with you man. Those are great trucks.
Critter Catcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 AM   #25
[email protected]
Registered Users-pm+

tina@marshall-marine.com is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
is your truck losing water?
tina@marshall-marine.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #26
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

shallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mateshallowsport702 has been promoted to the rank of Chief Mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter Catcher View Post
I was just messin' with you man. Those are great trucks.
Yea I know, I was just kiddin around too
Old 12-04-2008, 05:08 PM   #27
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
is your truck losing water?
Yea, but I just figured it was because of the A/C..Why do you ask?
Old 12-04-2008, 06:55 PM   #28
shepard24
Registered Users-pm+

shepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosunshepard24 has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
Quote:
Originally Posted by shallowsport702 View Post
Yea, but I just figured it was because of the A/C..Why do you ask?
intake gasket????
shepard24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #29
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepard24 View Post
intake gasket????
Would that be the gasket where the exhaust pipe meets the intake manifold?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 PM   #30
shallowsport702
Registered Users-pm+

Just got the diagnostic codes, PO171 and PO174, went to the website that tells what they are and I'm not too sure what they mean.