Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2020, 10:42 PM   #1
baywarrior
Registered Users-pm+

baywarrior is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Power Pole Problem

I am having trouble with my 8’ blade. I’ve had it for almost 3 years.

When I turn on the battery, the light comes on as it should. When I try to go up or down the light flash as I hit the buttons but the motor does not make any noise. The tank is half full of hydraulic fluid.

I’ve already tried the diagnosis on the app.

Has anyone had this problem before or have an idea what the solution might be?
baywarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2020, 05:07 AM   #2
c10steve
Registered Users-pm+

c10steve is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Call up powerpole. Sounds like the pump cover that has the button is dead. Also pull up the circuit board and make sure the white wire (antenna) is secure in that holder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c10steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 05:32 AM   #3
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Power Pole Problem

On a couple of occasions I’ve had my dash mounted buttons stop working but my remote buttons worked. Thought the wafer battery was burned out but discovered the battery was still good. In summary, I had to re-synch the dash button with the controller. This has happened on more than one occasion.

Bluetooth is cool but it can be finicky. This is the reason why I would not trust my life or my guest’s and family’s lives to a Bluetooth kill switch.

habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2020, 03:51 PM   #4
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by habanerojooz View Post
On a couple of occasions I’ve had my dash mounted buttons stop working but my remote buttons worked. Thought the wafer battery was burned out but discovered the battery was still good. In summary, I had to re-synch the dash button with the controller. This has happened on more than one occasion.

Bluetooth is cool but it can be finicky. This is the reason why I would not trust my life or my guest’s and family’s lives to a Bluetooth kill switch.

My dash buttons are wired to my main batteries on the boat, but sometimes the connection gets a little temperamental and when I can’t get it to catch I use the main button on the pump itself. To the OP - have you tried the main switch on the pump?
Rockfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 03:58 PM   #5
mattyD
Registered Users-pm+

mattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of RiggermattyD has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
power pole problem

They had me take the top of the pump and disconnect the brain and mine has not missed a lick since.Worth a try those are expensive.
mattyD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 07:44 PM   #6
Lone-Star
Registered Users-pm+

Lone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to Pirate
Circuit board probably went bad. They will send you a new one.
Lone-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2020, 09:01 PM   #7
quackills05
Registered Users-pm+

quackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateerquackills05 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Circuit board went bad. One of mine just went bad. $125 buy a new one. I've got 4 blades on 2 different boats for 6 plus years and thats the first thing I've ever had to buy from power pole. I'm happy
quackills05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2020, 11:47 AM   #8
bayoubum
bayoubum

bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bayoubum has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Call power pole. Great customer service.
bayoubum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2020, 01:10 PM   #9
KemoSabe
Registered Users-pm+

KemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to PirateKemoSabe has been promoted to Pirate
Run Bluetooth diagnostic and send to pp. mine had a voltage drop due to a bad ground to main battery. PP also sent me a rebuild kit for blade.
KemoSabe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2020, 12:50 AM   #10
SKIPJACKSLAYER
Registered Users-pm+

SKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to Pirate
Take the top off, unplug the ribbon wire going into the up / down button coming from the computer board. Then plug back in and retry. Has fixed this problem before. If that doesn’t work, most likely they need to rebuild the board or replace the motor
SKIPJACKSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message