Ford Death wobble - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 01:22 AM   #11
sotxks
Registered Users-pm+

sotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Piratesotxks has been promoted to Pirate
I had this on my 2012 F250 4x4. All together, it spent about 3 months at the dealership. Our fleet manager had the Ford rep involved and all. They would replace something, it would still do it. Try something else, still doing it. Last thing they did was put the old stabilizer bar on and replace tires. That fixed it. I believe the new ball joints helped also. It’s definitely a scary situation to be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sotxks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2019, 01:59 AM   #12
FishingFool21
Registered Users-pm+

FishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFishingFool21 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Same thing happened to my 2010 F250 4x4, I had to install an aftermarket steering stabilizer on it made by BDS suspension it has 2 fox shocks on it and it was fairly easy to install yourself, have never had a problem since. PM me if you have any other questions about it!
FishingFool21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 07:43 AM   #13
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Driving dodge trucks I had it happen a few times. It was always work track bar bushings. The track bar hold the axle in place and when the bushings wear it allows the solid front axle to vibrate from Side to side. Ford is using the same technology now since they went from leaf springs to coils.
I started buying my track bar from OReilley. They have a lifetime warranty and when it wore iut I took it in and they replaced it.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 08:17 AM   #14
will-billy
Registered Users-pm+

will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)will-billy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I spent a bunch of money to not fix it on my last truck (2012 F250)
Replaced just about every front end part, shocks, tires.
will-billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #15
GETNBENT
Registered Users-pm+

GETNBENT is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
If you haven't tried this already, air your tires up to the maximum air pressure and make sure they have the same pressure on both sides. This is what helped my f350 with a strait front axle from shaking.
GETNBENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 12:34 PM   #16
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Nah but really, I drove a 3500 Duramax '05 at a shop I worked at not knowing about it's death wobble...... I knew what death wobble was, but didn't know that truck had it... Hit that bridge doing about 65mph, and there she went. Scared the **** out of me. Just let off the gas and let her slow down, then keep on rolling
Attached Images

dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #17
BadBob
Registered Users-pm+

BadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to PirateBadBob has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk2429 View Post
Nah but really, I drove a 3500 Duramax '05 at a shop I worked at not knowing about it's death wobble...... I knew what death wobble was, but didn't know that truck had it... Hit that bridge doing about 65mph, and there she went. Scared the **** out of me. Just let off the gas and let her slow down, then keep on rolling
arent those ifs ???
BadBob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2019, 02:37 PM   #18
Bassman5119
Registered Users-pm+

Bassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to Pirate
A buddy had a new truck that was doing it at very low miles. Ron Carter could never fix it, Ford factory guys could never fix it either. He eventually got a new truck out of the deal. His was around 2010-2012 model.
Bassman5119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2019, 02:40 PM   #19
Bassman5119
Registered Users-pm+

Bassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to PirateBassman5119 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotxks View Post
I had this on my 2012 F250 4x4. All together, it spent about 3 months at the dealership. Our fleet manager had the Ford rep involved and all. They would replace something, it would still do it. Try something else, still doing it. Last thing they did was put the old stabilizer bar on and replace tires. That fixed it. I believe the new ball joints helped also. It’s definitely a scary situation to be in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds like my buddy's situation, cept his problem was never resolved.
Bassman5119 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2019, 05:46 PM   #20
Sabinekid09
Registered Users-pm+

Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Sabinekid09 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Update on the wobble, new tie rods have resolved the problem for now. Only thing is my steering wheel is dang near upside down. Lol
Sabinekid09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message