.17 WSM Semi-Auto - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Firearms/Reloading/Handloading Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
silversnipe
Registered Users-pm+

silversnipe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
.17 WSM Semi-Auto

Reaching out to see if anyone knows of a manufacturer that makes the .17 WSM in a platform similar to a 10/22. I have found only 3 companies that make a rifle in that caliber (Savage, Franklin Armory and Volquartsen). The Volquartsen is exactly what I’m looking for, but a little more than I’d like to spend on a rimfire. Would even be interested in talking to any gun smiths anyone might know that would be willing to give it a try.

Thanks in advance!
silversnipe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 01:26 PM   #2
Nutnhoney
Registered Users-pm+

Nutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to Pirate
Rimfirecentral.com has a section on 17wsm. Seams like some people were taking 10/22mag rifles and using a green mountain 17wsm barrel to make what you want. No gun smith needed. That form will have your answer.
Nutnhoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #3
Nutnhoney
Registered Users-pm+

Nutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to PirateNutnhoney has been promoted to Pirate
i ment to say 17hmr not WSm
Nutnhoney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2019, 04:49 PM   #4
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
If you get a volqaurtsen, you won’t be disappointed.

I don’t think you can convert and 10/22 or 10/22 mag to the wsm. That cartridge is quite a bit higher in pressure. Volqaurtsen beefed up their reciever and added a lot of weight to the bolt for the WSM.
Csafisher is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #5
Wado
Registered Users-pm+

Wado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to PirateWado has been promoted to Pirate
It's a feat of engineering to make a 22 magnum out of a standard 10-22. I recently saw one that had been done that was for sale and I let go of that thing like a hot potato. To make the jump to the super mag ain't gonna happen. If I had the money and wanted one I would get a Volquartsen.
Wado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #6
silversnipe
Registered Users-pm+

silversnipe is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Thanks for the input guys! Hopefully more companies start to manufacture this round.
silversnipe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message