Metal Detecting Places - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2018, 02:05 PM   #1
ATE_UP_FISHERMAN
RODS DOWN!! LET THE BOAT BUZZARD PASS.

ATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to PirateATE_UP_FISHERMAN has been promoted to Pirate
Metal Detecting Places

I got an early Christmas present from my wife. It's a Garrett Ace 300 metal detector and a pinpointer. I talked about getting one to find something that was dropped in the yard years ago. When I started scanning around the yard my 7yo was very intrigued by what I was doing. After I showed her a few times I finally let my daughter use our pinpointer to go through the dirt I dug up to find the treasures. Now That's all she talks about. She wants to do this all of the time even after dark. I was thinking about just her and I venturing out somewhere to do a little treasure hunting. Just wanted to share..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ATE_UP_FISHERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
I know this is an old post but how is it going?

I've been into and out of the hobby over several years. I currently own 3 detectors that I use occasionally. My problem is having someone to go with. You seem to have a built in answer to that issue. That's great! I hope you are both enjoying the hobby.

Cliff
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2019, 05:42 PM   #3
cubera
Registered Users-pm+

cubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Pirate
Just bought a pointer to try and find a ring my wife lost along a fence line behind the house.
Pointer was $40, the ring was $20.
If I find it.................priceless.
cubera is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Bayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to PirateBayoutalker has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubera View Post
Just bought a pointer to try and find a ring my wife lost along a fence line behind the house.

Pointer was $40, the ring was $20.

If I find it.................priceless.
You are right about that! I didn't get into this hobby to make a profit. I just like finding lost stuff.

Cliff
Old 01-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #5
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
I remember getting a detector when I was about 8 or 9. Took it out in the back yard the next day and started digging for that treasure.

Man was my dad mad when he got home and saw 20 fresh holes dug in the back yard.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2019, 09:11 AM   #6
cubera
Registered Users-pm+

cubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Piratecubera has been promoted to Pirate
Well I ran around the fence line with the wand (and it really works good) until my back couldn't take anymore.
Found a couple of small pieces of metal, but no ring.
Problem is darn thing alarms about 8-10 inches from the metal fence that runs around the area.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #7
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubera View Post
Well I ran around the fence line with the wand (and it really works good) until my back couldn't take anymore.

Found a couple of small pieces of metal, but no ring.

Problem is darn thing alarms about 8-10 inches from the metal fence that runs around the area.
Unfortunately that is what they are supposed to do, detect metal. Sounds like it is doing it's job.

Cliff
Old 01-29-2019, 07:51 AM   #8
cubera
Registered Users-pm+

Yes it is, and all for $40.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:53 AM   #9
bill

bill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Piratebill has been promoted to Pirate
I've had one in the closet now for 10+ years. I would love to go hunting, just don't know where it's allowed now. I still watch youtube videos.

bill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2019, 06:21 AM   #10
Bayoutalker
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill View Post
I've had one in the closet now for 10+ years. I would love to go hunting, just don't know where it's allowed now. I still watch youtube videos.
Take it out, dust it off, get some batteries and get back in it. Check the forums for others in your area that might give you some ideas on the laws, or better yet, let you tag along. A good place to start is in your own backyard and go from there.

Cliff