Ham radio - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Hobbies Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Muleman
Registered Users-pm+

Muleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to Pirate
shark Ham Radio

N5UGC is me, KD5JKG is my wife, KD5PFR and KD5PFD are my kids call signs. Who needs cell phones. All Yeasu
Muleman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
Muleman
Registered Users-pm+

Muleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to PirateMuleman has been promoted to Pirate
shark Ham Radio

N5UGC is me, KD5JKG is my wife, KD5PFR and KD5PFD are my kids call signs. Who needs cell phones. All Yeasu
Muleman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #13
TomCat
fishes with calcutta

TomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckerwood View Post
I've wanted to get into radio's for 45 years and it's never happened,just because I've not had anyone to teach or advise me.The spark is hot again.
Google Repeaters, Tarrant County. Looks like the repeater in Keller is closed but you have plenty in your area so that means you'll have plenty of Hams also.

http://arrlntx.org/main/2012/08/14/t...censing-class/
Copy and paste the above address to your browser and start by asking these guys when the next ham class starts.
Tom KD5EIJ
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #14
peckerwood
Registered Users-pm+

peckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Piratepeckerwood has been promoted to Pirate
Just found your post.Thanks Mr. Cat!
peckerwood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #15
trodery
OllllO

trodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Piratetrodery has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckerwood View Post
I've wanted to get into radio's for 45 years and it's never happened,just because I've not had anyone to teach or advise me.The spark is hot again.

I have also always had an interest but wouldn't know where to start! I'd go buy some radio equipment today if I knew what to buy/how to use it.

Any volunteers want to teach an old dog?
trodery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #16
Floatin Doc
Registered Users-pm+

Floatin Doc has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by trodery View Post
I have also always had an interest but wouldn't know where to start! I'd go buy some radio equipment today if I knew what to buy/how to use it.

Any volunteers want to teach an old dog?
Terry, go to eham.net and look under resources for exams. Don't mess with anything less than general. Study the exams until you get it right and then google ham testing and you will find a testing location in your area to take the exam. There is also usually ham testing at most of the hamfests. I like Icom equipment, but Yaesu and Kenwood also are excelllent quality mfg. Eham.net also has a classified section where you can get used equipment. If you are just looking for 2 meter stuff, be sure to get the 2m/440 units. Drop me a note if you need more info.
Doc
Floatin Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
KE5PYX
Registered Users-pm+

KE5PYX is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
As you can tell.....

Wife is KE5TII. Son is KE5PAI. Use all kenwood. Mostly 10 and 2. Not alot of repeaters. 144.200 28.400.
KE5PYX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #18
Fish Jockey
Christmas, Westbay, Cold's Pass, etc.

Fish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerFish Jockey has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
W5idx
Attached Images

Fish Jockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2015, 09:32 AM   #19
andre3k
Registered Users-pm+

andre3k has disabled reputation
Very nice kenwood setup
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2015, 09:06 AM   #20
TomCat
fishes with calcutta

TomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to PirateTomCat has been promoted to Pirate
Texasflag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Jockey View Post
W5idx
Hello Greg! Long time no see.
TomCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message