Recent Rollover to IRA - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Investments and finance
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2017, 10:02 PM   #1
ChocLabDog
Registered Users-pm+

ChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerChocLabDog has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Recent Rollover to IRA

My wife recently rolled over her 403b to a self managed traditional IRA when she changed jobs. With the market up so much I have been afraid to invest any of it. What would you guys do? It is killing me watching the market keep going up and I am on the sidelines with it.

Thanks
ChocLabDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLabDog View Post
My wife recently rolled over her 403b to a self managed traditional IRA when she changed jobs. With the market up so much I have been afraid to invest any of it. What would you guys do? It is killing me watching the market keep going up and I am on the sidelines with it.

Thanks
Right there with you.
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2017, 01:59 PM   #3
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLabDog View Post

Thanks
Buy blue chip stocks that pay decent dividends and reinvest them. Put some of the money into balanced mutual funds.
If you try to time the market you will loose almost every time.

Companies are making money right now, I see nothing to make me think there will be a big correction in 2018. Beware of the fads and stuff that has jumped a tremendous amount and is obviously overvalued.

Energy stocks are still a bargain for the most part.

Stuff like Exxon, Chevron, Att, Dow, etc are paying dividends and have been around forever.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2018, 06:43 AM   #4
bvoss_12
www.DeniedClaim.com

bvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Piratebvoss_12 has been promoted to Pirate
Gold IRA

Have you considered a gold IRA?

https://www.gmrgold.com/ira-investment
bvoss_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #5
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to Pirate
Go to www.mysolo401k.net and ask for Mark Nolan (tell him Victor referred). Use Solo 401K and Fidelity as your bank broker and you can use your fund to not only invest in real estate (rental properties, land, etc...) but also in stocks and bonds and best of all you are tour own trust fund custody. Save $$$ with this service.
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #6
jakejas
Registered Users-pm+

jakejas is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
If you are apprehensive about investing it all at once, you could determine how much you were comfortable investing per month and make investments every month until it was all in stocks (or whatever mix you are trying to achieve).

With this method you are protected a little against the market dropping (because not all of your money will be invested when the market is up) and also get to realize some of the gains (because you start investing it now).
jakejas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message