Holden Pasture "Nunley Chittim Ranch deer lease" live deer season 2014-2015 - Page 6 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #51
shaggydog
Banned

shaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadonrod View Post
Here are a couple of pictures. I have a ton to post. The new feed we have been working on and using seems to be the best deer feed we have ever used IMO. We have seen 3 bucks we think will crowd 300 lbs if not more on the hoof and have seen the best antler growth ever out of all ages of deer in our 13 years on the ranch. Here is are a couple of pictures of one of the FAT bucks . I never imagined free range deer could look like this. The deer love this feed. We filled a 2000 lb protein feeder and a 3000 lb protein feeder about 100 yards apart with a top name brand feed in the 2000 and the new feed blend we are trying in the 3000lb feeder. The new feed blend was gone and the other brand was still over half full when we went back to refill feeders. We have seen several bucks already this season we have estimated to jump 15-50 inches in antler growth. We were joking around the end of season while filling feeders that the new feed was either going to make all the deer 200" or 300 lbs.. It did both to some Ill post up the info on the feed company later in the thread but here are a couple of pictures.
Thanks again for the kind replies. We have set in 6 stands now for at least 1-3 hunts and have 27 stands still un-hunted. We did set out a couple of trail cams this week. I have trail cam some pics Ill post up later from 2 stands. It has really greened up over the past week and with the moon hunting really slowed down not to mention the water everywhere now after the recent rains.
I don't know how this old buck even jumped in the feed pen!
His body is wider than his legs are long. How can a deer that fat, jump a fence. lol That's like a pig jumping a 4' fence.
shaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #52
Bull Minnow
Registered Users-pm+

Bull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to PirateBull Minnow has been promoted to Pirate
WOW!
Congrats to your father. Heck of a deer there.
Bull Minnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #53
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydog View Post
His body is wider than his legs are long. How can a deer that fat, jump a fence. lol That's like a pig jumping a 4' fence.
I agree... That deer is fat! We have seen a couple more that are close to that big also.. I guess they just lay around in the brush until they get hungry again .
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #54
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Minnow View Post
WOW!
Congrats to your father. Heck of a deer there.
Thanks! I just talked to him... He is still excited..

Here are a few trail cam pics from one stand. We put a camera on each feeder pen around this blind. We have only looked at pictures from 4 stands so far.. We have 28 locations still unknown what is coming in. I'm pretty excited about this season just seeing what's been coming in to this blind alone. I have more but here are a few of some nice upper coming bucks and a couple old suckers. Ill post up some pictures from the other 2 feed pens in a little while... Thanks again everyone for the kind replies..

Miles and Travis are working on the Holden Roofing annual Youth Hunt Giveaway.. We may be adding a couple of things to it.. Ill get it up soon... Brett
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 03:58 PM   #55
broadonrod

Few more from this feeder
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #56
broadonrod

one more group from this feed pen
Attached Images

Old 10-06-2014, 04:10 PM   #57
shaggydog
Banned

shaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirateshaggydog has been promoted to Pirate
That feed fattens those raccoons right up too.
shaggydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 09:09 PM   #58
nate56
Registered Users-pm+

nate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Piratenate56 has been promoted to Pirate
Awesome deer, man that bucks got some major junk on there, I like it....going to be a good year for sure..
nate56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #59
FISH TAILS
Registered Users-pm+

FISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to PirateFISH TAILS has been promoted to Pirate
I am ready!!!

Congrats to your dad again I hated missing him this weekend when I was down. That deer in person was really a cool sight.
I have been to the ranch several times but this weekend I moved my trailer in for my first season as a lease member, what a good feeling that is.
I got to sit in my blind with my bow Saturday night just to make it official. I finally found a matching set to a monster buck at my stand.
We set my stand up at the end of last season and started feeding right away on a totally new location.
During my hunt we saw 6 doe, 4 yearlings and 11 bucks and it was like 90 degrees.
I got a glimpse of a huge rack in the brush that never came out.
I am really looking forward to the season and this thread because I unfortunately won't be there every weekend for the next 4 months. It will be hard to keep the mind away from the ranch when I get back.
Here is a picture of the sheds from my new stand.
I will be posting pics when I can.
Thanks for having me on the place this year Brett.

Josh
Attached Images

FISH TAILS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #60
sundownbrown
Registered Users-pm+

sundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Pirate
Thats a nice set, what did it score?
sundownbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message