Holden Pasture "Nunley Chittim Ranch deer lease" live deer season 2014-2015 - Page 11 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #101
grayson
Registered Users-pm+

grayson has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&C View Post
I had the pleasure of hunting next door to this ranch for 13 years. We had 6 miles of common low fence. We actually had the lease for several years prior to Brett getting his lease. It was not hunted prior to that. We had what I believed was an incredible deer herd. We fed protein, heavily managed and produced some great bucks but it didn't compare with his results.

We hunt 4 miles north of them now and are taking their lead on many things. Their transformation over the past few years has been nothing short of remarkable. It is without question the best low fenced trophy whitetail ranch in the world.

We've had ~10" of rain at our lease this year. It's been timely and in small amounts. This is well below average. Our pasture is in great shape, except for our tanks, most of our buck have improved over last year and our fawn survival rate is >60%. We have a very healthy herd. Our protein selection was based on results from some of the best ranches in South Texas. In our opinion, ranches that consistently produce and reproduce bucks with trash have an optimal nutrition program. No one produces trashy bucks like Brett!

We're planning to use this feed next year.
Does some of the ranch border with the Comanche?
grayson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #102
B&C
Registered Users-pm+

B&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayson View Post
Does some of the ranch border with the Comanche?
The Comanche was south of our lease.
B&C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 10:13 PM   #103
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
I had the pleasure of hunting next door to this ranch for 13 years. We had 6 miles of common low fence. We actually had the lease for several years prior to Brett getting his lease. It was not hunted prior to that. We had what I believed was an incredible deer herd. We fed protein, heavily managed and produced some great bucks but it didn't compare with his results.

We hunt 4 miles north of them now and are taking their lead on many things. Their transformation over the past few years has been nothing short of remarkable. It is without question the best low fenced trophy whitetail ranch in the world.

We've had ~10" of rain at our lease this year. It's been timely and in small amounts. This is well below average. Our pasture is in great shape, except for our tanks, most of our buck have improved over last year and our fawn survival rate is >60%. We have a very healthy herd. Our protein selection was based on results from some of the best ranches in South Texas. In our opinion, ranches that consistently produce and reproduce bucks with trash have an optimal nutrition program. No one produces trashy bucks like Brett!

We're planning to use this feed next year.
Thanks a lot my brother! Coming from you that means a lot! I learned a lot talking with you my self and it was a pleasure finally getting to meet you in person. You have a true passion for this stuff as my group does. Hope to have you back over to the ranch for an evening when all the hunters are down. Thanks again for the kind words!!! Brett Holden
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2014, 02:16 PM   #104
B&C
Registered Users-pm+

B&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to PirateB&C has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks Brett! You've earned it!

Who else has 4 legit permanent book deer coming to the same feeder?!?!..... and that's 1 out of 32 feeder locations? CRAZY!

-CC
B&C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2014, 09:58 PM   #105
broadonrod

broadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Piratebroadonrod has been promoted to Pirate
Holden Pasture "Nunley Chittim Ranch deer lease" live deer season 2014-2015

Quote:
Thanks Brett! You've earned it!

Who else has 4 legit permanent book deer coming to the same feeder?!?!..... and that's 1 out of 32 feeder locations? CRAZY!

-CC

Thanks again Sir.. It was a blast having y'all over!

I'm still clearing cards.. Even as green as it is a few buck have been coming in to the feed. I have a couple hunters down at the ranch now. I'm ready to go back!

This old sucker is licking his lips Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413514720.030765.jpg
Views: 1681
Size:  73.9 KB
Old 10-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #106
broadonrod

Back in the blinds tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back to the ranch. The guys there already said they are seeing some really nice deer. Hope to have some live photos tomorrow eve..

Lots of droptines this year. Hope to have pictures of the bucks hard horned this trip.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413682753.841117.jpg
Views: 1621
Size:  88.0 KB
Old 10-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #107
broadonrod

It's nice to be back in the blinds! I'm still looking for a big deer we saw last year and he is a no show yet. Here is a picture of the first mature buck to come in this evening. The bucks are just starting to move... I'm in my bow stand and this sucker is 8 yards

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413762340.641482.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  320.6 KB
Old 10-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #108
jgale
Bad decisions make good stories!

jgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Piratejgale has been promoted to Pirate
Stud! I'd chunk a spear at him from 8 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jgale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 11:11 AM   #109
deerslayer64d
Registered Users-pm+

deerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Piratedeerslayer64d has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadonrod View Post
Back in the blinds tomorrow. Looking forward to getting back to the ranch. The guys there already said they are seeing some really nice deer. Hope to have some live photos tomorrow eve..

Lots of droptines this year. Hope to have pictures of the bucks hard horned this trip.

Attachment 1757825
Brad
This is the Exact vision of what comes to mind when I think of South Texas muy-grande!!!

As Usual great picture and an incredible buck !!

Gordon
deerslayer64d is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #110
sundownbrown
Registered Users-pm+

sundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Piratesundownbrown has been promoted to Pirate
Any action this weekend? Post some pics
sundownbrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message