2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Some deer pics

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  hjm 
#1 ·
some pics :texasflag
Good friend of mine grows these purdy good.
Enjoy.:cheers:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I actually agree 100% Charlie.
I asked for a 150--185 group but just typ. w/ some small trash.
Way easy and realistic for "Joe Hunter" to relate to in the field and movable at a good cost. (most folks)
When you get to the 200" classes you are not on food stamps.

I would shoot that big rack buck peeking around the tree by his self.
I like that look.

Thanks for the reply's deer are cool.
Shoot them if you like them.:smile:

#14 ·
The same way we fish in a 1/2 acre stocked pond vs a 10,000 acre lake :)

They are turned out into a pasture in Sept and hunted. Sometimes that same year, sometimes several years later. Hunting in Texas has changed, now its best to join other hunters and support how they hunt versus condemn someone for it. Not saying you are doing that at all. Its like when I see a hunter shoot a 2 year old 10pt thats 130s, it makes me cringe, but he paid the feed bill, its his lease, his time, etc. I will pat him on the back and say congratulations instead of telling him that could have been a 180 in 5 years.

#12 ·
fair chase only no exceptions

beautiful deer no doubt, but if it ain't fair chase, what the hay? might as well go down to the local iron worker and have him weld you one up, no difference, and a lot cheaper. i'm a fair chase whitetail hunter, so fences, breeders, and exotics ?? i just don't get it. each to his own, if that suits your fancy more power to you. this is where our world has brought us. had a friend send me a pic of an exotic, he killer yesterday with his bow, said it was an all day stalk?? ;), i didn't know how to respond?? now if we can pass a law allowing the breeder to bring it to the house in horse trailer, you can shoot it in the front yard and never leave the house. oh well, not only has politics gotten out of control, but everything else is to follow. i wonder if i could be the first to raise 12lb speckle trout and sell guided fishing trips out of a salty swimming pool. :walkingsm:dance::cheers::biggrin::help: :texasflag

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.