Garden Pictures! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Home Gardening Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #1
Dick Hanks
Pike

Dick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to PirateDick Hanks has been promoted to Pirate
Garden Pictures!

It's about that time of year. Maybe a little early, but you can at least throw in a picture of the prep work that you have done to get you garden ready. Those onions, cole and lettuce families, radishes, taters, gotta be showing some green for some of Ya. Potted plants qualify for pictures too! I need to see some GREEN!

I'll be starting my pepper plants indoors from seed next week, and my tomato plants closer to the end of the month. They will go into the garden around Memorial Day if there is a frost free forecast.

Ok..... I'll start off the pictures. these were taken around 2PM today:

1st picture is my veggie garden and the 2nd picture is part of my fruit garden

I guess that I'm running a little behind you guys.
Attached Images

Dick Hanks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #2
SwampRat
Registered Users-pm+

SwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to PirateSwampRat has been promoted to Pirate
What's that stuff in your yard? Did a UPS truck dump a bunch of packing pellets?

SwampRat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
stammster
Registered Users-pm+

stammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Piratestammster has been promoted to Pirate
There’s a lot of snowflakes in Minnesota.
stammster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
hk
Registered Users-pm+

hk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Piratehk has been promoted to Pirate
Tomatos,poblanos,jalepenos ,multiplying onions.Greenbeans ,yellow squash , cucumbers,cilantro ,basil and dill planted lastweek.Mandarin satsuma in full bloom.Can't wait for those tomatos.Hope everyone has a great spring/summer garden.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk
hk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
Rubberback
Raiser of BOB White Quail

Rubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to Pirate
Got mine all tilled and rowed up. 8 rows 50' long. Holy snow balls Dick.
Rubberback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
Meadowlark
Registered Users-PM plus

Meadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to PirateMeadowlark has been promoted to Pirate
Not much green here, Dick...and fortunately no white either....just mostly soil fresh from having tons of green cover crop turned under.

Potatoes just pushing through....should be about 200 pounds. About 300 onions starting to really take off. They will start bulbing soon and it will be time to start pulling dirt off them. Over wintered beets and carrots will be ready to harvest in a couple of weeks. Beds ready for pole beans...3 kinds of limas, plus blue lake and Kentucky. Rows ready for triple sweet corn. Winter peas once again seem to be doing poorly.

I'm making a big push into grapes this spring with a new arbor and 5 different varieties to try out.

In another three weeks this all will be mostly green instead of dirt...assuming no white shows up in between.
Attached Images

Meadowlark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
Rubberback

Rubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to PirateRubberback has been promoted to Pirate
Here's mine
Attached Images

Old 03-10-2018, 05:38 PM   #8
Postman
Registered Users-pm+

Postman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to PiratePostman has been promoted to Pirate
I'd post mine, but pretty sure everyone's seen tilled dirt. Be a couple weeks.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #9
Lunkerman
Registered Users-pm+

Lunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to PirateLunkerman has been promoted to Pirate
I'll have to get some pics. I do have some stuff growing well and some sprouts just showing. Keeping all the tomatoes and pepper plants in my make shift greenhouse for another week or so. Days like today make you think it's ok to plant them but, we have a few cold nights in the forecast.

A question about onions from something Meadowlark mentioned. Taking dirt off the once the bulbs form. Mine look to be in the same stage as yours so I should do this soon. How much dirt do I take off? As you can tell I'm new at growing onions & would have thought to hill it up around the bulb.
Lunkerman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2018, 05:15 PM   #10
Rubberback

When mine start bulbing I always put a side on them of chicken/quail poop. I never really ever messed with pulling the dirt back.
But last year I pulled it back just to give it a whirl. I really think it depends on what soil you have.
My dirt is like sand, so I never saw the need. JMO!
Scroll up and you will see my dirt. Its like at one time my place was ocean front property. LOL!
To answer your question , don't expose the roots.

Last edited by Rubberback; 03-11-2018 at 05:24 PM.