Birds Teasers?? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 02-23-2006, 12:35 PM   #11
BEER4BAIT
good looking single member

BEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to PirateBEER4BAIT has been promoted to Pirate
You have to watch them to know what the exact speed needs to be. To fast and they get to sporatic and to slow they don't do much flapping. I think we trolled the at 8-9 kph tops not certain. We did do away with all the harware and made them simple by putting them on the leader with the daisy chain.
BEER4BAIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #12
bevo/fishing/hunting
Football MNC: '63, '69, '70, 2005

bevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Pirate
Not sure how much he wants for the rig.

Those birds can troll fast.. like 15kts or more depending on the sea conditions...
bevo/fishing/hunting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 02:22 PM   #13
Dutch Treat
NRA LIFER

Dutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to PirateDutch Treat has been promoted to Pirate
Thumbs up Birds...

I like to pull one ahead of a Chaos Jet (usually blue and white). Either a Boone or a Mold Craft nine inch or so.

Run it way back at the end of the wake off the center rigger and wait for something to commit suicide.

Works like a charm.
Bob
Dutch Treat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #14
going_east
Registered Users-pm+

going_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Charter in hawaii 2 years ago was pulling a pink bird then about 10' to 12' back he had a billy bait super smoker, it was not a very big lure even in diameter, that did not stop the fish, they seem to love it,
going_east is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 08:15 PM   #15
BigMikes809
Site Sponsor

BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
They are great for billfish but I always had luck with 8o9's behind them, but now I tease the leader with a couple of lures and extra weight. That makes the trolling speed go up and stabalizes the bird.

they come in large and small.
I catch a lot of marlin on small lures run this way and in Cabo big YFT can't leave them alone. But the wahoo told me to rig in wire. At higher speed 15-18 they kill.
BigMikes809 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2006, 08:29 PM   #16
tpope
Registered Users-pm+

tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)tpope is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Capt Mike was very positive about the Henderson bird when I asked him about pulling it on our trip. Unfortunately, he said that the summer time would be better. He felt that they would eat it up then.
tpope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 09:08 AM   #17
Argo
Registered Users-pm+

Argo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to Pirate
BIG MIKE, how much is that rig.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 09:39 AM   #18
bevo/fishing/hunting
Football MNC: '63, '69, '70, 2005

bevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Piratebevo/fishing/hunting has been promoted to Pirate
Argo,

I will get him to post the prices.. but I will be getting some stuff from him and will be bringing them next Wednesday for the SA get together if anybody wants to see them in person and place an order...

Jeremy
bevo/fishing/hunting is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 09:50 AM   #19
Argo
Registered Users-pm+

Argo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to Pirate
that would be cool.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #20
BigMikes809
Site Sponsor

BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)BigMikes809 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Spam Join 2Cool

Thanks Argo, I had some major Dr appts the last few days, wasn't avoiding the question.
The normal price of a henderson bird is $54.50 each one is handmade by Chriss Upite a well known capt on the GBR in the land of OZ.
The three coats of epoxy will last a long time. Most boats on the GBR won't leave port without birds and he can't make enough of them. I import them.
The bird chaser I make list for$34.95 but to 2cool members only 20% off.
For a set retale would be $84.85, but for 2cool members 25% off at 67.85. I am out of 8o9's the one I rig for marlin(long skirt) They will be back soon! Sorry for being so cvomercial but I am a site sponsor. If you are watching from afar and needed an excuse to join 2Cool this is a good one. This offer expires end of March.
PS you tackle shops, looking for a limited amout of dealers in the Gulf!!!
I am sending Bevo some new Modulures also.
BigMike
BigMikes809 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message