Gulf Canyons - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 02-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #21
going_east
Registered Users-pm+

going_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I have fished out of Camels Head, but never the Alaminos canyon, how many more miles is that? better yet what are the cords?

Two years ago we heard the coast guard came up on a mexican boat fishing that area boat dump its load and ran the dump included juvi blue fin. I think for the reight price capt. murphy will take you down there I will definitly ask, if anyone has the cordinates to this canyon that would really be helpful thanks
going_east is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2006, 01:39 PM   #22
BPitcher

BPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to Pirate
It's a long run sure, but if there are fish it could pay off. Especially with giant bluefin. I believe the possesion limit went to redhawk and magnolia this year which are a little over 200 from freeport. So 180 doesn't seem that bad when compared to that. Then again those are spars with people on them. I guess I'm enthralled by the prospect of rarely fished waters.

I think i need to get out of this snow and on to the blue water.
BPitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #23
shanker
Most Non Funny

shanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirateshanker has been promoted to Pirate
so are mexican boats destroying the southern gulf?
shanker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2006, 02:52 PM   #24
jaredchasteen
Bluewater Bum

jaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Piratejaredchasteen has been promoted to Pirate
I think to properly fish that area you would need a 50+ footer, and a good 3-4 day weather window, a forgiving wife, alot of beer and food
jaredchasteen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 02:58 PM   #25
Tom Hilton

Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)Tom Hilton is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
bluefin

Howdy,
I heard of a guy last year trolling for Marlin off of the Mississippi delta that trolled thru a school of giant bluefin - hooked up all 6 lines, 80's and 130's. All 6 got spooled! He went down in the cabin and put out another rod, and hooked and landed a smaller bluefin - only 560 lbs or so!

I'd like to have seen the chinese firedrill when all of those poles were getting dumped.

If you look closely at the images provided earlier, you will see a floater way in the heck out there ENE of Keathley Canyon.

All the best,
Tom Hilton
Tom Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #26
Argo
Registered Users-pm+

Argo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to PirateArgo has been promoted to Pirate
it is twice the distance of camels head. I think camels head is around 90 miles from SPI and this would be more like 180ish from there.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 03:05 PM   #27
going_east
Registered Users-pm+

going_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateergoing_east has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Well shanker, Ever since Sept 11 there is a Coast Guard destroyer ,thats what I like to call it, that sits abot 50 miles offshore, and crusies the international boundry, then you got your inshore security, Border Patrol on thier 28' Scarab with twin 250's then you got the guy from customs with his go fast boat don't know the brand but he has four 200 in the back and he can fly we have actully spotted him catching air with a 3 to 4 sec. hang time on on 3 to 5' foot seas. No more Pangas with these guys however they will be towed out 50 + miles and deployed on mexican waters, make their run to international waters and run their long lines, those Pangas will run circles on the 90' coast guard cutter, however i have noticed the CG with more zodiac boats, i think that would be fun watching a mexican panga play circles around a CG cutters and they do!! then watch that cutter drop a zodiac in the water, man I would really top the day fishing
going_east is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 03:21 PM   #28
Charles Helm
Registered Users-pm+

Charles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to PirateCharles Helm has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredchasteen
I think to properly fish that area you would need a 50+ footer, and a good 3-4 day weather window, a forgiving wife, alot of beer and food
Sounds like I need to win the lottery and buy the boat I voted for in the Money Not an Issue, What Boat Would You Get thread:

Day Money 2000 78' Garlington

Note to self: After going to Kuby's this afternoon to pick up 70 pounds of venison sausage, go buy lottery tickets. Mega Millions is up to $120 million.
Charles Helm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #29
JOKERSWILD
From the old school

JOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerJOKERSWILD has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Woops
I wast thinking Atwater and the greens areas I need to drink some more coffiee in the morning ...or maybe it was the fog sorry for the screw up
joker
JOKERSWILD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2006, 04:39 PM   #30
BPitcher

BPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to PirateBPitcher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Helm
Sounds like I need to win the lottery and buy the boat I voted for in the Money Not an Issue, What Boat Would You Get thread:

Day Money 2000 78' Garlington

Note to self: After going to Kuby's this afternoon to pick up 70 pounds of venison sausage, go buy lottery tickets. Mega Millions is up to $120 million.
After you spend all that money on that boat you might just go broke trying to fill it up. Anyone wanna put a figure on 3800 gallons of diesel?
BPitcher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message