2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oyster Boats in West Matagorda Bay

12K views 105 replies 27 participants last post by  Trouthunter 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the oyster boats hit all the reefs in West Matagorda Bay on the north shoreline. I know they hit Mad Island Cut reefs hard more than one time recently. Probably a month apart. Can’t be good for the fishing. Just curious. Thanks!

#92 ·
Picknfish,

Throw chasing the research dollar out the window.

What caused our earth's temperature to rise and fall many many times in the past before we started burning fossil fuels?

What caused CO2 to rise and fall many many times in the past before we started burning fossil fuels?

Ice core samples do not lie. We have been this warm before and CO2 has been this high before. Long before humans...

#93 ·
Picknfish,

Throw chasing the research dollar out the window.

What caused our earth's temperature to rise and fall many many times in the past before we started burning fossil fuels?

What caused CO2 to rise and fall many many times in the past before we started burning fossil fuels?

Ice core samples do not lie. We have been this warm before and CO2 has been this high before. Long before humans...
I think putting 8 billion of anything in one place will effect the environment around it. test that theory .. put 8 billion fleas into your house and see what happens.

Luckily the only thing truly harmed by the purported global warming science is humans ability to survive. That puts a long term pall on the ability for commercials to keep oyster farming .. Where this thread started .. but i digress..

:headknock

#96 ·
Marker,

We pretty much agree then. I suspect that man has had an effect on the climate. I think that effect has been greatly exaggerated by the global warming crowd and the natural cycles that have always warmed and cooled our climate still are doing so.

As for commercial oyster farming. I think it is a win/win as long as long as the focus is on substrate and reef creation. If we can get the government reins off and start issuing new leases the private industry will do the rest. I think oyster aquaculture can be like the micro-brewing and distilling industries in Texas. For many archaic reasons Texas was late in on the micro-brewing boom. Once the legislature finally got out of the way the industry boomed creating thousands of jobs and millions in wealth.

good talking to you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.