Yamaha or Sea Doo for jetski fishing???? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 PM   #1
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

ceja is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Yamaha or Sea Doo for jetski fishing????

Im torn between the two.I like the Yamaha 4 cylinder engines and reviews.But i can't stop staring at the new Sea Doo design,,,, Wich would be best to fish out of?

I know jetski Brian uses Yamaha
ceja is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

Ill be buying one this week or next.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Plant guy
Registered Users-pm+

Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Plant guy has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
You can fish from them things?!
Plant guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
I would think you could fish off either but that Yamaha is really nice. I see more of the Yamaha jet skis on the water than any other.

TH
Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #5
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

Plant Guy, yes you can and its catching up here in the states. I find myself going fishing on my boat with my cooler,net and two rods. I have a 14 foot v hull and only goes about 15mph (mercury 20) A jet ski will do 55-60+ and its more economical than any boat. They also reach almost 12' in length.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouthunter View Post
I would think you could fish off either but that Yamaha is really nice. I see more of the Yamaha jet skis on the water than any other.

TH
Yeah i see most shops rent them than any other brand.

Thanks for the replies Fellas!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
ClearLakeClayt
Cast/Catch/Clean/Cook/Consume, Under 25"

ClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to Pirate
No, don't do it! Please don't do it!!!

Dude! Please don't start that in the Galveston Bay complex!!! Wade fishermen need quiet. Boat fishermen use their trolling motors to quietly seek their fish. How in the world are you going to fish amongst these people with a freaking jetski and not **** off the entire world???

Jetski Brian is way offshore, away from the quiet-seekers. Please don't try to copy him in our bay system...
ClearLakeClayt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #8
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearLakeClayt View Post
Dude! Please don't start that in the Galveston Bay complex!!! Wade fishermen need quiet. Boat fishermen use their trolling motors to quietly seek their fish. How in the world are you going to fish amongst these people with a freaking jetski and not **** off the entire world???

Jetski Brian is way offshore, away from the quiet-seekers. Please don't try to copy him in our bay system...
The same way they fish with their boats!! get there turn it off go wade get back on and hit the next spot. Or anchor and fish, just like a boat does.You must be thinking teenagers tearing it up.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
ClearLakeClayt
Cast/Catch/Clean/Cook/Consume, Under 25"

ClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceja View Post
The same way they fish with their boats!! get there turn it off go wade get back on and hit the next spot. Or anchor and fish, just like a boat does.You must be thinking teenagers tearing it up.
Maybe so, but still a valid concern. Jetski Brian don't get off...

You obviously know what I'm concerned about. Long history of wading the surf, wading back lakes, and having some idjit roar onto the scene in his jet propelled phallic extension. OK, fine, that's just as appropriate with many boats and the nimrods who captain them. I'll shut up now...
ClearLakeClayt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #10
ceja
Fish ,eat ,sleep-repeat

Texasflag4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearLakeClayt View Post
Maybe so, but still a valid concern. Jetski Brian don't get off...

You obviously know what I'm concerned about. Long history of wading the surf, wading back lakes, and having some idjit roar onto the scene in his jet propelled phallic extension. OK, fine, that's just as appropriate with many boats and the nimrods who captain them. I'll shut up now...
I too appreciate the peace and quiet of fishing and only looking for what works best for me. I respect other fishermen and don't plan on pulling up to waders on the jet ski,(a big no no)

I appreciate your concern and comment and thru dialogue and forums like this we can communicate what is appropriate and expected of others fishing Our bay systems