Nitto trail grappler m/t? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #1
marshhunter
KEEP CALM AND CHIVE ON!

marshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Piratemarshhunter has been promoted to Pirate
Nitto trail grappler m/t?

Anyone running the nitto trail grappler m/t? I'm needing new tires and these look pretty nifty.. Not to sure on the nitto name brand though

Also was looking at the cooper discover all terrain they look pretty good too..
So what say ya 2cool?
They are going on a 2006 Chevy 1500 crew cab z71

Thanks
Stephen
marshhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

spurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Pirate
I had bad luck as far as mileage on 2 sets of Terra Grapplers on the wifeys vehicle.
BUT, had a buddy say he got 42k out of a set of the tires you mentioned. I'm a little skeptical as we got 36k out of "all terrains". Supposedly a better wearing tire.
spurgersalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
aggiefishinDr

aggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to PirateaggiefishinDr has been promoted to Pirate
We have a set of the trail grapplers on our rubicon, so far good tires but we only have about 10000 miles on them. I am getting ready to put a set of Toyo M/T on my truck to compare. I have heard some good reviews about the Toyo, although I think they are owned by the same parent company??
aggiefishinDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #4
ReelWork
Registered Users-pm+

ReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to PirateReelWork has been promoted to Pirate
I hear mixed on the Terra Grappler. Brother in law has them on a 2500 Suburban and they are doing great, lots of tread still there after a lot of miles. However I have a friend who had them on a Dodge 2500 Cummins and only got like 25k miles and "never again" is all he says - only BFG A/T.. He does a lot of heavy towing too, load range E..

I also like the tires, quiet, run and look good and they don't seem to hold rocks like the BFG's but gesh, such a gamble....
ReelWork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 10:39 PM   #5
spurgersalty
Solidarity for what????

spurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Piratespurgersalty has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelWork View Post
I hear mixed on the Terra Grappler. Brother in law has them on a 2500 Suburban and they are doing great, lots of tread still there after a lot of miles. However I have a friend who had them on a Dodge 2500 Cummins and only got like 25k miles and "never again" is all he says - only BFG A/T.. He does a lot of heavy towing too, load range E..

I also like the tires, quiet, run and look good and they don't seem to hold rocks like the BFG's but gesh, such a gamble....
10 ply on the wifes denali. Thought the first was my fault, but was wrong.
I'm leaning Toyo right now for the next set on hers and mine and maybe the spare.
Have 47k on a factory set on the company truck and they're in really good shape. Will check manufacturer in the morning and relay.
spurgersalty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #6
Operationduckhunt
Registered Users-pm+

Operationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to PirateOperationduckhunt has been promoted to Pirate
I had the terra grapplers for 53k miles and they wore great. I have since put 5k ok the trail grapplers. There is definitely a little more noise but are an awesome tire and I won't go back. Of road they are great. I would recommend them in a heart beat and they look great.
Operationduckhunt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
Friendswoodmatt
All work n no play

Friendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to Pirate
just put a set on my Excursion on Monday -- cant speak to the wear, but I can tell you they seem a little noisy to me
Friendswoodmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
El Carnicero
Slicing and Dicing!

El Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to PirateEl Carnicero has been promoted to Pirate
Had a set on my F250 and they wore great and rode good. Little hum but its to be expected. Nothing the straight pipe didnt cover up.
El Carnicero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #9
Flounder_Pounder
Registered Users-pm+

Flounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to PirateFlounder_Pounder has been promoted to Pirate
I have the Cooper Discoverer STT's on the H3 they are pretty awesome. I have about 10,000 miles on em and still look newish . They are not loud either they do "humm" but its not ridiculous like other tires.
Flounder_Pounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #10
sweenyite
There's no time like overtime!

sweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Piratesweenyite has been promoted to Pirate
I ran the Nitto Terra Grapplers on an F-150 and got a lot of miles out of them. What a lot of folks don't realize is that the Nittos are a softer tire and while they are great on half ton trucks, they won't last long on a heavy vehicle. I was reading feedback on them on a forum and noticed that most of the people that were dissatisfied with them were running them on heavy diesels.
I drive an F-350 diesel and I am running the Nitto Dura Grapplers. So far I've got 10k on them and they are not showing much wear and they are wearing evenly. I've been very pleased with Nitto tires.
sweenyite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message