Humming Noise coming from front end - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
tank02
Registered Users-pm+

tank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Pirate
Humming Noise coming from front end

My 2008 Sierra 2500HD Duramax Z71 is making a humming noise from the front end. I just replaced the driver side wheel bearing hub but still hear it. When I turn the sterring wheel to the left the noise goes away. When I turn to the right the sound is still there. Thinking it maybe my CV axle on driver side? Any thoughts?
tank02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
Tall1
Registered Users-pm+

Tall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to Pirate
The passenger side wheel bearing was still good? That would have been my first guess, if it wasn't tire noise.
Tall1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #3
Reynolds4
Registered Users-pm+

Reynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to Pirate
I'd be willing to bet its a wheel bearing. Mine was doing the exact same thing so I changed them both out and problem was solved. Not to mention it made the front end seem tighter. The most noise was coming from my passenger side but the driver was a tab bit rough as well when spinning it.
Reynolds4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
Fishtexx
Registered Users-pm+

Fishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to PirateFishtexx has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall1 View Post
The passenger side wheel bearing was still good? That would have been my first guess, if it wasn't tire noise.
^^This^^ A CV joint will make a clicking or knocking noise while turning.
Fishtexx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #5
tank02
Registered Users-pm+

tank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Piratetank02 has been promoted to Pirate
Ordered passenger side wheel bearing hub. Hopefully that will fix it. Thanks gents!
Old 12-17-2014, 11:13 AM   #6
tank02
Registered Users-pm+

Replaced the passenger side wheel bearing hub and sure enough no more noise! Thanks for the help guys!
Old 12-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #7
Reynolds4
Registered Users-pm+

Reynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to PirateReynolds4 has been promoted to Pirate
Glad that took care of it for ya!
Reynolds4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
Tall1
Registered Users-pm+

Tall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to PirateTall1 has been promoted to Pirate
It's not too bad of a job, except for the caliper bracket bolts torqued at 220ft/lbs with lock tite.
Tall1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message